Tuned or not

Ghost05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never driven an srt 10 ram before my recent quad cab purchase, so I have no idea whether the truck has been tuned or not. It around 600 at idle is the only thing that seems off to me. Other than that is there anyway to tell? It's completely stock everywhere else except a drop in k&n.

I've never driven an srt 10 ram before my recent quad cab purchase, so I have no idea whether the truck has been tuned or not. It around 600 at idle is the only thing that seems off to me. Other than that is there anyway to tell? It's completely stock everywhere else except a drop in k&n.

What RPM does it shift at WOT (wide open throttle)?

At w.o.t. does it chop power just before the shift?

A.K.A. "Torque Management". This transmission-saving feature is often shut off in a vehicle with a tune.

The engine is supposed to produced around 505 horsepower, stock.
The stock 48RE transmission (yours) is reliable to around 550 horsepower. ;)
And Torque Management will definitely help a stock 48RE live.
TM does take the fun out of it though.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I've ever payed attention to WOT shift rpm it does leave about 3 foot of my tire on the pavement on the 1-2 shift most the time but I assume that's normal. I'll check rpm when I go get the kiddo later.

Would the quad cabs break the tires on the 1-2 shift when stock? I can't remember. I know mine would after it was tuned. Hmm.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back