Tuner help

skidkid

Reaction score
Ok I guess Im just not catching on to all this. I know the tuner will help alot but Ive seen prices from 349 from unleashed to 489 at Roe. I also hear to buy it from Tony but dont see it on his web site. I just want a tuner for my 05QC with a tune for now and a tune for upcoming bolt ons at the cheapest price possible. Who can guide me?

My question is say you want it tuned by Chris not torrie then do I have to by a tuner and then pay for Chris to tune it

Here is a beginner tuner question. All I have is catback, and intake as far as performance. What will a tuner give me? Better throttle, torque, HP? Whats the bang for the buck?

Here is a beginner tuner question. All I have is catback, and intake as far as performance. What will a tuner give me? Better throttle, torque, HP? Whats the bang for the buck?

The results are minimal. The biggest gain that I noticed was lower coolant temperatures, so when I was hotlapping runs at the truck it didn't heat soak quite as bad and stayed consistently in the low 13s. Before the tuner if the truck was heatsoaked it would go as slow as 14.1, while running a 13.5 earlier in the day. I would do it if I were you, I think you'll be happy.

wait what

The results are minimal. The biggest gain that I noticed was lower coolant temperatures, so when I was hotlapping runs at the truck it didn't heat soak quite as bad and stayed consistently in the low 13s. Before the tuner if the truck was heatsoaked it would go as slow as 14.1, while running a 13.5 earlier in the day. I would do it if I were you, I think you'll be happy.

wait I thought it would feel alot better in terms of auto transmission and skip shift. If Im not going to feel the difference except on the track its not any good to me.

On an auto the difference is night and day changing shift points and rev limiter you will be happy

Sent from my iPhone 6 while driving 100 mph on a dirt road

I have the Roe SCT tuned for 93 Octane. Big difference over stock. Before the tuner all I had was a CAI, which really doesn't do anything anyways, so basically bone stock. Also, I can't speak for the other tuners (Chris and Torrie) but I bought a full exhaust (headers, mids, exhaust) and Sean Roe updated my tune based on the mods and emailed me the new file for free.

On a stock RC there will be only small gains. If you are doing headers with catless mids, I would do a tune to eliminate the rear O2 sensors. On a stock QC the gains are much better. I have had tunes from Torrie and tunes from Chris. Canned tunes are safe, but nothing beats a custom tune from Chris or torrie.:rock::rock:

wait I thought it would feel alot better in terms of auto transmission and skip shift. If Im not going to feel the difference except on the track its not any good to me.

If you have a slush box (QC) it will make a world of difference. I was speaking in RC terms which is all I know. :D

pulled the trigger

Well I just ordered the tuner from Torrie, have to say very fast turn around so far. I had shipping info within a hour of ordering and emailing Torrie of my vehicle specifics. Cant wait to get rid of the skip shift!:rock:

Well I just ordered the tuner from Torrie, have to say very fast turn around so far. I had shipping info within a hour of ordering and emailing Torrie of my vehicle specifics. Cant wait to get rid of the skip shift!:rock:

You'll love it torrie is awesome. He always responds to emails very fast and his 93 and 94 tunes are the shiznit!

Let me know how it turns out. I've been thinking about doing this as well.

I don't have a QC so maybe it's my lack of knowledge, but I don't think they have a skip shift feature.

just installed

I just installed the 91 tune, bad part is here in Hawaii I have not found a higher octane gas. Started a thread obout octane boost but seems the response is it wont do crap. So until I find a higher octane gas Im stuck with the 91. Ill give some details later about truck performance, as I work and live on the Marine Corps base. Not very smart to get stupid on base.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back