Tuner

Gustafsson64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anyone know if a tuner from Tori will pass a smog check in nevada...any issues or concerns when adding one if these overall?

I would shoot Torrie an email.
Is this for tunes you have already got from him, or are thinking about getting?

I did speak with him and he said no, but just asking in here in general....is the tune worth the $ for an 06 QC ? Notice the difference?

I did speak with him and he said no, but just asking in here in general....is the tune worth the $ for an 06 QC ? Notice the difference?

You could have him shut off the torque management and increase the 3-4 shift-point r.p.m. Those changes won't affect emissions and you will notice a nice difference.

OR, have him give you a full tune (which makes a HUGE difference on a QC) and simply return your truck to stock for smog testing.

I have an '06 QC & live in Phoenix. I just put my stock tune in, get it inspected, pass, then go home & put Torrie's tune back in. Simple. PS: It is worth every penny. Buy it.

Thx man, OK done...I'm sold......what do u notice the most.?

You will pick up around 80 lbs. ft. of torque (under the peak number) so, in other words it occurs in a usable range.

If you race, it will knock a SECOND off of your e.t. and ends up being (by far) the cheapest performance increase like this that you could ever get.

The o.e.m. shift strategy short-shifts the 3-4 shift. Have Torrie extend the r.p.m. range of this shift to 5950 as it makes a HUGE difference when it shifts into 4th at 100+ m.p.h.
As Mr. Mopar only provided us with a 3 speed shifter on a 4 speed tranny, there is no other way to increase the r.p.m. on that particular shift.

Last edited:
Mine is tuned by VENOMOUS1 and Chris Jensen and with the cut outs open it still passes inspection here in good ole TEXAS. Go figure. :D

I have an '06 QC & live in Phoenix. I just put my stock tune in, get it inspected, pass, then go home & put Torrie's tune back in. Simple. PS: It is worth every penny. Buy it.

Does Nevada use an exhaust sniffer? Arizona does not sniff on our year trucks. You don't even have to put it back to stock. They just see if it is throwing any codes and check the gas cap. You can go in there with open headers and they would not even look under.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back