Turbo Q's

yeah and stinker and i have already talked within a year i will have the funds ;) just have a couple things i want paid off first :)

HOT RAM said:
You know,I have been thinking lately about mods.Unless you are a gear head and just enjoy tinkering (like a LOT of us),you will get the best bang for your buck with just four simple mods on a QC and six on a RC :
1)Stage 2 flash,
2)drop-in K&N filter,
3)MagnaFlow muffler/cat-delete,
4)X-Metal lowering kit,
5) X-Metal Gen X shifter (for RC only,obviously)
6)Viper master-slave and centerforce clutch (if running it hard ):D

QA1's,headers,N2O,turbo(s),superchargers,4-links,locker rears,heads,rods,are all VERY NICE,but for the $$$$$$$$ involved ,sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh !:eek:

Just stop and think about it........we start with 500 HP !!!!!!! How much more can we really use ??

I think we need to start a modaholics group; "Hi,I'm Nelson and I'm a modaholic. It started with just the basics and now I just can't stop":D

This is in no way a slam of people that have the $$$$$$$$$$ to mod thier trucks to the nth degree.I really would like to do a frame-up re-build on mine with some big ticket items.I would have to sell my house to it,though.(mine is paid for :rock: )

Just some thoughts for discussion;) :)

Some will consider some of the items on my list as too un-necessary and some will consider the list of "must-haves" way too short.Lets discuss it.......................................................................................

Your opinions please....:D
i completely agree with you. for most people, this list is great and wakes these trucks up. then there are those of us that want something a lil more. me, personally, i want a lot of power up high, none down low. i really want to get into drifting on a bigger level. a lot of power up high is good for holding it sideways, but if you get too much power down low when you try to get sideways it kicks out too quick. i have my goals and am building towards them. everyone should know their final goal when starting to mod, to keep from buy parts multiple times. imo

Stanimal said:
i completely agree with you. for most people, this list is great and wakes these trucks up. then there are those of us that want something a lil more. me, personally, i want a lot of power up high, none down low. i really want to get into drifting on a bigger level. a lot of power up high is good for holding it sideways, but if you get too much power down low when you try to get sideways it kicks out too quick. i have my goals and am building towards them. everyone should know their final goal when starting to mod, to keep from buy parts multiple times. imo

VERY good advice ! Plan your work and then work your plan ! Saves a lot of money ,time and frustation.

HOT RAM said:
You know,I have been thinking lately about mods.Unless you are a gear head and just enjoy tinkering (like a LOT of us),you will get the best bang for your buck with just four simple mods on a QC and six on a RC :
1)Stage 2 flash,
2)drop-in K&N filter,
3)MagnaFlow muffler/cat-delete,
4)X-Metal lowering kit,
5) X-Metal Gen X shifter (for RC only,obviously)
6)Viper master-slave and centerforce clutch (if running it hard ):D

QA1's,headers,N2O,turbo(s),superchargers,4-links,locker rears,heads,rods,are all VERY NICE,but for the $$$$$$$$ involved ,sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh !:eek:
D

Very good list Hot Ram:rock: .............only thing I would add is (in my case having an 04 I added) the 4.88 gears, which really gave the truck way more pep off the line.

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back