Turbo question, drop in psi

Blakewilder said:
Dalton is the moron at Pro Turbo Systems that DROVE T's truck 100 miles on the STOCK FUGGIN TUNE!!! And basically broke his truck. I know Im gonna gget some haters on this but I DONT PHUGGIN CARE! Its the truth!

Thanks Blake. I have to agree, it's pretty fucking stupid to drive a vehicle 100 miles when it's not tuned. Then to comment that it's pretty peppy, or whatever was said would inticate a lack of intellegence for both driving it and then admitting he stepped into it a time or two.

It's just a shame that Stinker had to pay for someone else's mistakes.

AWDisuzu said:
actually, backpressure reduces boost. you want as little resistance as possible on the exit side of the compressor.

Mike is correct on this. Back pressure is the enemy of any performance engine.

Go ahead Nowwhat and have your say.:rolleyes: ;) :D Just so happens you are wrong on this one.:dontknow: :p :D

nowwhat needs the backpressure to prevent leaning out. it happens on the durangos with superchargers too. the pcm is tuned for stock exhaust so as soon as you open it up the motor runs too lean.

they adjusted and tuned the paxton and boost level as high as possible for a stock motor. any more power and you need bigger injectors and a whole new tune.

AWDisuzu said:
nowwhat needs the backpressure to prevent leaning out. it happens on the durangos with superchargers too. the pcm is tuned for stock exhaust so as soon as you open it up the motor runs too lean.

they adjusted and tuned the paxton and boost level as high as possible for a stock motor. any more power and you need bigger injectors and a whole new tune.

I know, Mike has mentioned that a couple times, but he also fails to mention it also. In his case he is using backpressure to compensate for a lack of capacity in another area.

I hate to admit this, but I'm just trying to get him a little excited.:eek: ;) :p :D

In his case he is using backpressure to compensate for a lack of capacity in another area.

I hate to admit this, but I'm just trying to get him a little excited.

SSSOOOOO your sayin he doesnt fart because he has a small penis?:D

Stinker said:
In his case he is using backpressure to compensate for a lack of capacity in another area.

I hate to admit this, but I'm just trying to get him a little excited.

SSSOOOOO your sayin he doesnt fart because he has a small penis?:D

Well Stinker, I was actually referring to the fuel pump and injectors.:dontknow: I do however have to admire your conclusion.:idea: ;) :p :D

Just wanted to put a smile on the monkey's face brother!:D

I am not upset whatsoever with my ride now, its home, and I dont have to worry, dont even matter if its done or not. 9 months was just too long for me to go. So lets have fun , joke, and have a ball.!!!!LOLOLOL:D

Lack of intelligence is true on pro turbos parts also silver, they wanted to know why they were not contacted on the leaks in the intercoolers, when I had just contacted them days before about not having 7b springs with the wastegates and they said they would call the next morning, still no calls back! Then found the injectors wrong, sorry cant return an electrical part, no exchange, not shit! So they wanted me to call for the intercooler, yeah ok another waste of time. I just hope Sprites deal works out for him, I jsut think mine went the southern route.:mad:

Killer said:
The turbos are 60mm Full T04 Tang Turbos from precision turbo with a .96 Ex housing. They are not to small for that motor.

The Stock computer was not flashed to remove the wot timer(as far as I understand)

That is funny, the housings have .81 stamped on them?:dontknow:

Enough of bringing up the "unflashed" stock PCM on every forum you post on. Not that it is a big issue because I am sure everyone here knows Dodge does not use a "WOT TIMER". But just so you can rest easier Dalton, this VEC2 is the latest release (S108 and not yet available to the public, THANK YOU SEAN ROE FOR THE HELP!) that has provisions for accelerator enrichment regardless of whether the PCM is in closed or open loop, as well as Intake Air enrichment and many improvements over the last release. Now that you know that, I sure hope you can sleep better!:sleep:

Stinker said:
Lack of intelligence is true on pro turbos parts also silver, they wanted to know why they were not contacted on the leaks in the intercoolers, when I had just contacted them days before about not having 7b springs with the wastegates and they said they would call the next morning, still no calls back! Then found the injectors wrong, sorry cant return an electrical part, no exchange, not shit! So they wanted me to call for the intercooler, yeah ok another waste of time. I just hope Sprites deal works out for him, I jsut think mine went the southern route.:mad:

We'll find out soon enough, hopefully it all works out. I am still waiting on the turbos but they are supposed to get here soon.

hope it works out for ya bro ,really, things I hve found , remove the reseviour forthe slave cylinder and move the cruise behind it and mount. then remount the slave cylinder, watch the battery and ground wires on the passenger side they get close. MAKE SURE they rubber mount the intercooler , solidly mounting it to the condensor is STUPID ,it also makes the intercooler to solid and causes cracks. Make sure when they drilllthe oil pan for the lines they remove the pan. be sure to get a oil catch can. and probably a couple other things I cant think of right now,

be sure to let us know how it works out, expecially with the stroker!

You'll have a kick ass ride,

oh and also the wastegate on the drivers side is mounted in the worst direction it can be done, totally opposite of the direction of exhasut flow, I will have that side totally redone later. and the turbosmart wastegates are shit, I hope you upgraded to tial, it also needs two bov's not just one.

Stinker said:
hope it works out for ya bro ,really, things I hve found , remove the reseviour forthe slave cylinder and move the cruise behind it and mount. then remount the slave cylinder, watch the battery and ground wires on the passenger side they get close. MAKE SURE they rubber mount the intercooler , solidly mounting it to the condensor is STUPID ,it also makes the intercooler to solid and causes cracks. Make sure when they drilllthe oil pan for the lines they remove the pan. be sure to get a oil catch can. and probably a couple other things I cant think of right now,

be sure to let us know how it works out, expecially with the stroker!

You'll have a kick ass ride,

oh and also the wastegate on the drivers side is mounted in the worst direction it can be done, totally opposite of the direction of exhasut flow, I will have that side totally redone later. and the turbosmart wastegates are shit, I hope you upgraded to tial, it also needs two bov's not just one.

See, I knew your screen name should have been "Tinker" instead of stinker. Glad you are finding all that little stupid stuff. Have fun. DW

Stinker the rest of my kit arrived today. Hopefully we'll have some numbers soon so we can see what this kit is good for :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back