TV Cable

bclark05

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have put the BBK throttle body on the 10 and I can't get the cable set right yet. My question is has anyone else had this problem with there's. The truck kicks down and hits the rev limiter mostly at full throttle. I know how the TV cable is set, I just can't find that sweet spot yet.

I had to play with it a few times ---but seems to be almost where it was...

I'm thinking that you may have to make your own notch for the clip to hold the cable in place. I imagine BBK didn't take that into consideration when manufacturing the TB. I would make a notch between your 2 closest shifting notches in the cable and try that setting. ONe way seems to make it shift too early and the other way too late.

The TV cable setting is not that sensitive. However, the shift point at wot is learned by the computer. When you put a bigger TB on it, it is probably reving up faster than it used to and now it has the wrong learned shift point.

Explaination: the computer commands the truck to shift at wot by spiking the governor pressure several seconds before the desired rpm is reached. This causes the truck to shift. It knows that the truck has shifted by observing the sudden change in engine rpm. The computer knows that the tranny will take some time to shift. Before it learns the proper value, it will shift early so that the tranny has enough time to complete the shift without the engine revving too high. The computer will slowly command the shift later and later until it sneaks up on the correct rpm. This ensures that the tranny shifts at the correct engine rpm based on the amount of time your particular setup takes to shift, how fast the engine approaches the redline in each gear, etc.

If you are hitting the limiter before the shift, then the computer is commanding the shift just a tiny bit too late (based on its previous learned value). You need it to relearn the shift point, or have the rev limiter raised a bit in your tune. The computer will eventually learn the new point.

I would erase the learned shift points by taking the battery cable off for a couple of minutes or so.

Finally got it, had to call ATF Speed for some help. They told me to slacken up the cable and then work back from there. It shifts fine now, guy at the dealer ship said to tighten it, that was my problem. It is looser now with the BBK than it was with the stock one.

I noticed that on mine with the factory TB--- Specs say it should be a tighter cable adjustment... I loosened the adjustment then! With the BBk it was close to the same loose setting I had with the factory TB... Glad to hear you got it working.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back