Under drive pulley question...

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by DallasSRT10, Mar 30, 2016.

1. 10-1=9

10-1=9 Full Access Member

Just not my cup of tea I guess. I have delt with and repaired all kind of accessory drive problems over the years. Gears, belts, chains, shafts & hydraulic to name a few. Always figured if it ain't broke don't fuck with it.
    Take our stock power steering pump. It is already driving 2 systems fan & rack.
    Now add the A/C compresser, water pump & alternator drag on the system. Can't see driving everything slower to be beneficial for the streets. (Possible gains v possible problems)
    Now if my truck spent more time at the track then the street I'd be all over it.

2. Streetgliderx

Streetgliderx Full Access Member

my UD pulley works fine no belt noise no problems that aren't easily and readily fixed, and truth be told since I went to the manual trans over the automatic the only real problem I had has fixed itself. all mine would do is sitting at long periods in a parking lot radio and lights on at idle it would not charge the battery and the truck began to drain down voltage wise, now at red lights in gear foot on the brake and the fan on the pump would growl a little, now that I have a manual and the load from the tq converter is gone the low speed pump growl is gone. but my truck came with it, would I have bought it probably not but it was already there

3. DallasSRT10

DallasSRT10 Full Access Member

I'm not sure if he was talking to me or you, I don't have much experience with UD pulleys, but lots with everything else. I'm not trying to discourage anybody from using it, just stating my experience with it. I personally didn't like it, and didn't notice any difference with the product. I got it from a reputable vendor on this site. I didn't mention the name, but it seems like everyone has used this person and have had great luck with his pulleys and with his other products, as have I(less the pulley). That being said, I'm not sure if it was the product or my truck, I really have no idea. I just know that when I changed back to stock, my truck stopped making the noise it was with the aftermarket part. It looks like a nice piece...for my desk. Just not for me. I'd rather pull up to a light and have someone admire my truck, instead of looking at it wondering what the hell is wrong with it.

4. oldcolt

oldcolt Striker Heads and Cam Supporting Member

At the lights, people tell me that I need a tune-up!:D:D

Sell it to Slitherbeast, he's good people.:)

5. DallasSRT10

I said it was free, I guess he can decide a price if he really wants it.

6. oldcolt

Double/Double at Timmies!

7. DallasSRT10

Let's see if he has a trade...

8. Northern_SRT

Northern_SRT Full Access Member

lol this is pure canadian call :) every thing is fine if I got my hot tim in hand

9. DallasSRT10

Haha, yes it is!

10. NukeGM/Ford

NukeGM/Ford Active Member

i don't know about those canucks, talking about how hot Tim is when in their hands………….

11. oldcolt

It's not what you think.....honest!:D:D It's a coffee/donut shop.

Tim Hortons

12. 10-1=9

10-1=9 Full Access Member

What no Dunkin Donuts? Heard that they don't have them in California either.

Last Tim Hortons I heard about was a major firearms dealer. Like buys from S&W and selling to gun shops. Maybe he moved on to something a little less deadly. LOL

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  13. thepunisher

thepunisher Full Access Member

10k miles on mine Dallas and no problems your truck seems to just suck

14. DallasSRT10

Bahahahaha! Yep! You solved the mystery, my truck sucks. That was the initial problem. Considering it has less than 50,000kms on it(32000mi) and runs like a top, and runs just fine now, seems odd. Maybe you can post a picture of your engine bay and a synonym sheet of before and after your underdrive pulley, so I, and everyone else on this forum, can see a gain in horsepower/torque. Then, if no one local wants to buy it, I'll reinstall it and let you know how it works out.