Under hood light

chargerman426

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple of questions for you guys. When I bought my truck the lens it was all cracked up like someone had left the hood open for a long period of time (think car show) and the heat for the light bulb had cracked it. So my questions are

1. Does anyone have a part number for this lens?
2. How do you replace it?
3. Has anyone thought about/actually put an LED in there?

I figured the LED would fix the heat problem from a conventional bulb.

Not on your suggestion list but there is a how to in the DIY section about installing a switch for the light for those occasions. :D

That is an option and is something I'm kind of doing now by just un plugging it.

Couple of questions for you guys. When I bought my truck the lens it was all cracked up like someone had left the hood open for a long period of time (think car show) and the heat for the light bulb had cracked it.

Mine cracked as well. I just deleted the whole thing as a part of my weight reduction/cleaning up of the engine compartment.

How did that weight reduction affect your 1/4 mile time? Thinking about doing that & emptying the ashtray. I need just enough to beat PhxPoolGuy the next time we go to the strip & I think this would do it.lol

Mine cracked as well. I just deleted the whole thing as a part of my weight reduction/cleaning up of the engine compartment.

Did you have to cut wires or was there a plug on the end of the harness?

I unplugged the light where it plugs in at the harness along the cowl.

Excellent. If I end up keeping my truck I will add that to the list of weight reduction mods.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back