Urgent Help Needed...Please

Tim, we all still have her and your family in our thoughts often whether we post it or not. Those of us with faith including yourself will help her heal. God Bless Lynette!

Sorry to hear the news Tim. We will keep you in our thoughts for sure. Are they going to proceed with radiation?

Damn.:mad: Not the f*cking news I was praying for Tim.

Be strong, and be sure to come to us for additional strength. You damn well know we are here for you.

Django said:
Thanks, Dale...

Any input or info that you or Matt may have would be greatly appreciated...

Knowledge is power and information can be a real comfort. The unknown can be real scary.

D
Tim,
Here is the little presentation I did at the cancer free party. It sort of sums up what I went through and how I felt. It was brief, but emotional.

On April 9th I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma after 3 months of searching for why I was sick. To be honest my diagnosis was a blessing as we originally feared that it may be lung cancer. Even with the good news of a treatable ailment, this question presented itself.

Why Me?

Why not me? It would not be right for me to neglect my responsibility and push it to another. I certainly did not ask for this, and I was not happy about it. But it was my burden to bear. There was some greater reason that I had this in front of me. Maybe it was to teach me priorities? Maybe it was to teach me to love more deeply? Maybe it was to open my eyes at the number of people that are true friends? Or maybe it was to influence an audience that I may never meet. But I was a lucky one. I was given a burden that could be beaten. I had odds on my side. But honestly, odds were not really needed. I am a fighter. I have it in me to put up any fight that is required to claim my victory. Had it been the more serious Lung Cancer as was originally thought, I was still planning to win, because someone has to be that 5%. So now I just had to be part of that 80%-85%. I was given a bigger window.

Here was my little self reminder. I had 12 chemo treatments over the next 6 months. (It was a light schedule if everything went as planned. Some folks really have a hard schedule.) I figured I could do anything 12 times, no matter how bad, when you consider the goal.

I completed Chemo on September 23rd. On October 1st I was declared Cancer free.

What Did I learn?

For me it is the small things that are the big things now. I learned to love all over again. After my divorce I was a closed off person. I did not let people in close. Now I understand the value of having close friends. I am willing to open up and let them inside my heart. I learned who my true friends are vice those who just say they are friends.
I learned to put some things in my life in the right priority order. A few things had gotten out of whack. A little thing like mortality has a way of fixing that.
I got a first hand look at what the spirit of good people can do to those in need. I experienced what the power of positive words can do for ones mental outlook. I learned the value of positive visualization.
I also learned the power of acceptance. When something like this hits, you really can not afford to waste energy on the "Why Me." You just need to accept what it is and focus on what you can control. There were not many things I could control, but I did what I could no matter how small it was. Every little thing was a "WIN".
I also dug a little deeper in my faith. I was already attending church before this happened, but a thing like this will make you pay a bit more attention. When I prayed I was afraid to ask for a healing, so instead I asked for strength. That was answered by way of friends and family.
You do not go through something like this without a big support group. At the time all this started, my only family locally was my daughter. I was shocked and amazed at the help that was extended to me in my time of need. Without Myke, Dwight, and Chris, I would not have been able to make the aggressive schedule of appointments it took to get me diagnosed and prepped for chemo. Many, many others came forward offering any assistance that I might need. I also enjoyed the moral support that can only be provided by family in a time like this. In the midst of all this, my truck had also broken down. A small group of friends introduced to me by Roy banded together. Eric took over my truck project and with the help of John and Roy, they got the support of an online community. They provided moral support, resources and the labor to get my truck to the point it is almost ready to run. Then in the middle of my treatments when I was at my worst, I met my own private angel and her family. They adopted me and took care of Maya and I when we were not able to care for ourselves.………..

In my opinion, claim every WIN you can. The rest is really out of our control. So do not dwell on those things. They weigh you down while WINS pick you up.

tinygiants said:
Tim,
Here is the little presentation I did at the cancer free party. It sort of sums up what I went through and how I felt. It was brief, but emotional.

In my opinion, claim every WIN you can. The rest is really out of our control. So do not dwell on those things. They weigh you down while WINS pick you up.

Thanks, Dale.....

Truly a worthwhile way to live...........

God bless.......

Tim

Well shit. That's a real bummer Tim. If there is anything that we can do, and I mean anything, just let us know. The differences we've had mean nothing when it comes to real things like this. We will be keeping your lovely bride in our thoughts.

I dont know you and I'm new on here but I will deffinatly be Praying for you all God Bless

Dodge_FarmBoy said:
I dont know you and I'm new on here but I will deffinatly be Praying for you all God Bless

Thanks very much, amigo......

And welcome to the asylum.....:rock:

D

For those who'd like one, here's an update:

Today, Lynette went back to the radiological oncologist who confirmed that there is a tumor in Lynette's her brain. It is clinically referred to (today) as a glioma. We had one last blood test to do today before they start radiation on or about Jan 4th, 2010.....

You now know as much as I do....

Thanks for all the prayers, love and support......

I'll keep you all posted....

D

Django said:

Today, Lynette went back to the radiological oncologist who confirmed that there is a tumor in Lynette's her brain. It is clinically referred to (today) as a glioma. We had one last blood test to do today before they start radiation on or about Jan 4th, 2010.....

D
so...at this point it seems it is treatable/operable, then??

viperhauler said:
so...at this point it seems it is treatable/operable, then??

Treatable- not operable......

The tumor is in a very "eloquent" area of the brain that only the very brave dare to enter surgically.... and we don't trust those guys..... We're opting for radiation to protect Lynette from become aphazic (a vegetable) as a result of a surgical mishap.

D

Django said:

D
I pray for you and Lynette. God be with you through these trying times

Thoughts and Prayers from us over here.....:love: :love:

So sorry Tim that i haven't replied to this tread in a while just don't have time anymore:( :eek: ....

Stefan and the Family....

Don't have a 10, but my prayers are with you and your family. I hope all goes well and Lynette makes a full and speedy recovery.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back