Valve covers

Heart Attack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was noticing a little oil leak awhile back but never got to where it was coming from. today i found out that both my valve covers are leaking towards the back, so i ordered my new gaskets (75 bucks good lawd) and while i have my valve covers off i wanted to get them repainted. any ideas if i can do this myself without really messing them up? or do they need to be professionally powder coated?

was noticing a little oil leak awhile back but never got to where it was coming from. today i found out that both my valve covers are leaking towards the back, so i ordered my new gaskets (75 bucks good lawd) and while i have my valve covers off i wanted to get them repainted. any ideas if i can do this myself without really messing them up? or do they need to be professionally powder coated?

I haven't seen painted ones that have lasted, the valve covers get pretty hot, I'd have them powder coated

Send them to Justin, he may even have cores already to speed up the process. Nothing matches his coating quality, I shipped all my stuff about 3000 miles for him to do it all, and I have powder coaters 20 minutes from me.

Nothing matches his coating quality, I shipped all my stuff about 3000 miles for him to do it all, and I have powder coaters 20 minutes from me
same here, my local powdercoater screwed mine up.... they are magnesium

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back