Vec 3 For Sale

Ironhead said:
well as i was reading it for the quad cab you gain good tune i think it was around 35 plus ,,,but on their web site it clearly states that RC srt is max 25 rwhp ,,now no dought i hope that it would help but hp gain seems low ,,,thats why for same price or close to it im leaning towards a pcm swap tune ,i have seen dyno runs that clearly shows a 70 plus hp gain and just a smigent better mileage and i do mean a smig ,,but still deciding :elefant:
I guess to me it is about what your ultimate goal is. If you just want something plug and play that is easy to swap out and still 'keep' your warranty, I would go with the PCM or SCT scanner. If you are looking to do some major upgrading the vec 3 will be a must!

This is just my .02 worth... You may already be too late...:toilet:

amtrucker22 said:
I guess to me it is about what your ultimate goal is. If you just want something plug and play that is easy to swap out and still 'keep' your warranty, I would go with the PCM or SCT scanner. If you are looking to do some major upgrading the vec 3 will be a must!

This is just my .02 worth... You may already be too late...:toilet:

Brad has an SCT scanner and is not happy with it, maybe it needs to be retuned:dontknow:
I would go with the VEC or SCT if I could turn back time. But, since I'm not cher, I live with my Stage II PCM.
As, Paul said...depends on the final destination.

BurntRubber said:
I would go with the VEC or SCT if I could turn back time. But, since I'm not cher, I live with my Stage II PCM.
These are my exact thoughts also!

amtrucker22 said:
These are my exact thoughts also!

You want to be Cher too! Thats so cool!:D
DO yo wish you could have not bought your truck with the knowledge the some guy would build a SRT10 that ran in the 10's and gave it away!
Man, Tidnab made out pretty good!

BurntRubber said:
You want to be Cher too! Thats so cool!:D
DO yo wish you could have not bought your truck with the knowledge the some guy would build a SRT10 that ran in the 10's and gave it away!
Man, Tidnab made out pretty good!
I would of bought the supertank in a heartbeat over my truck (just don't tell her that :)) Unbelievable what he did! Bad-ass truck for pennies on the dollar! Should of bought her up and then resold her, but that is not the way she needed to be handled! I am happy for tidnab! Sounds like he bought her in the right spirit!:burnout: :burnout: :rock:

Nowhat asked me at the track if I wanted to buy his truck for $50K. I thought he was joking and didn't take him serious. History tells you the rest.:damnmate: :damnmate: :damnmate:

Hey Mike wherever you are have fun for me cuz I need some right about now.

Price change $700 shipped!!!

Still in the packaging I got it in.

Help me out guys.

I still have this Vec I want to sell soon.

$400.00 plus shipping

This is a deal for someone...I agree with Dom...pick this up, you won't do better!

Suddenly thinks twice about how much he wants to keep for a down payment on the truck

Scooby82882 said:
Suddenly thinks twice about how much he wants to keep for a down payment on the truck

Better get it .This is a SUPER deal !!!!!!

I would get it for mine,but i have a few other plans in the works and can't do it right now.

With the viper motor going into my 36 I figure I'll need some sort of tuner.I have the original pcm and all the wiring loom from the truck.
Would the vec 3 be a good way for me to go?Especially at this price.
Thanks,David.

Oh hell yes!

Jump immediately...the VEC is a piggy back to the pcm...you will not have to have it (the pcm) flashed and you will have wonderful flexibility. Think about placing the card reader inside the vehicle so you can change tunes on the fly...also put the black box portion of the VEC in a place where it is sure to stay dry...see attached pictures for reference:

IMG_00033-1-2.jpg

Here is what I did to keep water off the box (box provided by Eddie):

IMG_0002-4.jpg

Most importantly...make sure every connection is done very well as with any electrical component!

Was going to use Roe for tuning as Carlwalski has had great service from them.
Originally was looking at going the SCT route.Can they do all the tuning stuff on a vec3 the same as an sct?
Can they turn off and modify what I don't need with the vec.
Such as the fan speed...cat delete etc...etc?
Can they send programs by email as I'm on the other side of the world?Which is the main reason for going with a tuner rather than a flash.
Cheers,David.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back