vendor advice thread

I owe you? Please tell me more bud. I may need popcorn :(

Scott, you owe me nothing

I should have quoted... my error, it was in reference to Wes saying most thought it was someone else

I do owe you a smile :D
Jeff

Ok man, first off you initially were in no rush to get this intake manifold back and said you had a build going on. Your intake was ported/polished and coated and delivered to you. Once again that does take time and I should've been faster.
The refund was for an interior weld slag removal from the plenum welding that we both felt needed more grinding/removal and you had done by a shop of your choosing. I told you I'd take care of that and had every intent. Again, no excuse on my part as you're correct, we last talked in July and a refund was not issued according to my checks issued. I have truly forgotten about this and being a one-man show and not having been reminded by anyone it's long ago been forgotten. As any small business owner can relate, there's a point where you need help but aren't at that point budget wise, that things slip into the cracks and out of site out of mind. Again, no excuses, send me a PM with info and let's get it resolved ok.
I know each and every one of you have jobs and have hard days at work as well. Understand that my job not only includes getting parts out in a timely manner, but producing the parts, ordering parts, talking on the phone with y'all, answering y'all's PMs, texts, FB messages. Not to mention boxing, shipping, talking to my vendors, creating new parts, and wrenching on customers rides.
I'm worn real thin and being a single daddy and her being my most important job, makes things tough at times. To think I "feast happily" on the little I make when all is said and done is far from reality. To think I'm happy with making these trucks faster and better looking while making ends meet is what is realism.
Regardless, I'm not perfect, but to be slain as "doing folks wrong" isn't my character and I'm sure most agree.

I would like to know if you are going to reimburse Stealth now that you have been reminded?

Ok man, first off you initially were in no rush to get this intake manifold back and said you had a build going on. Your intake was ported/polished and coated. Once again that does take time and I should've been faster.
The refund was for an interior weld slag removal from the plenum welding that we both felt needed more grinding/removal and you had done by a shop of your choosing. I told you I'd take care of that and had every intent. Again, no excuse on my part as you're correct, we last talked in July and a refund was not issued according to my checks issued. I have truly forgotten about this and being a one-man show and not having been reminded by anyone it's long ago been forgotten. As any small business owner can relate, there's a point where you need help but aren't at that point budget wise, that things slip into the cracks and out of site out of mind. Again, no excuses, send me a PM with info and let's get it resolved ok.
I know each and every one of you have jobs and have hard days at work as well. Understand that my job not only includes getting parts out in a timely manner, but producing the parts, ordering parts, talking on the phone with y'all, answering y'all's PMs, texts, FB messages. Not to mention boxing, shipping, talking to my vendors, creating new parts, and wrenching on customers rides.
I'm worn real thin and being a single daddy and her being my most important job, makes things tough at times. To think I "feast happily" on the little I make when all is said and done is far from reality. To think I'm happy with making these trucks faster and better looking while making ends meet is what is realism.
Regardless, I'm not perfect, but to be slain as "doing folks wrong" isn't my character and I'm sure most agree.

Really? We must have gone back and forth 30 times.... must have been easy to forget. A slag bubble??? Oh you mean all of those slag bubbles and all the pieces mig wire that were sticking out all over the place. It looked like a fuckn porcupine exploded in there! You said "I couldn't reach them" although they started only 3-4" inside the mouth of the intake. Also it's kind of funny that when I had to take it to the guy that did my heads to have it done right he had no problems. Scott you charged me $900 (that I paid you 100% upfront!) and when I got it back it had bubbles in the powdercoat and the inside was a disaster. You never even washed it out, it was FULL of metal dust and shavings. I sent you a copy of the bill to get it completely cleaned out and done right it was in the sum of $505 if you forgot that too. I paid $300 for the intake, $900 for you to destroy it, and $505 to have it repaired from your sabotage. Ya, that totals $1,705 for a friggin intake. You sir are a half assed thief.

Ok man, first off you initially were in no rush to get this intake manifold back and said you had a build going on. Your intake was ported/polished and coated and delivered to you. Once again that does take time and I should've been faster.

I would like to know if you are going to reimburse Stealth now that you have been reminded?

See bold in original message for clarification that he said they would get it resolved.

His is an example of "Feasting Happily" from my profits and small business.
I'm extremely thankful I could do this much and my daughter was so grateful and joyous, yet wanting to do so much more and not being able is quite a downer and far from getting rich off of my passion to help y'all and the Viper Truck world.
For a vendor to grow and get to the point Tony and Justin have with building new shops and growing takes not only time, but money generated by happy customers. I respect that they have endured the agonies and accomplished their goals and look to do the same. Obviously making 100% of folks happy 100% of the time is my goal yet I'm not perfect. Let it be known I try my damnest.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    889.1 KB · Views: 17
His is an example of "Feasting Happily" from my profits and small business.
I'm extremely thankful I could do this much and my daughter was so grateful and joyous, yet wanting to do so much more and not being able is quite a downer and far from getting rich off of my passion to help y'all and the Viper Truck world.
For a vendor to grow and get to the point Tony and Justin have with building new shops and growing takes not only time, but money generated by happy customers. I respect that they have endured the agonies and accomplished their goals and look to do the same. Obviously making 100% of folks happy 100% of the time is my goal yet I'm not perfect. Let it be known I try my damnest.

Wow Fonzie, you just jumped a pool full of sympathy.

Wow Fonzie, you just jumped a pool full of sympathy.

I was iterating a point but of course you'd take it differently. Love the name insults as well as the way blown out of proportion description of your intake.
Like I said you're welcome to send a PM with your info.

I've said my peace so unless there is another person I've "done wrong" that shows up, which I don't think there will be, my apologies and side of the story have been spoken. No need to turn this into a name calling, keyboard insulting thread.

I was iterating a point but of course you'd take it differently. Love the name insults as well as the way blown out of proportion description of your intake.
Like I said you're welcome to send a PM with your info.

It is no means blown out of proportion. I'll send you a PM now and I will be more than happy to put up a new post letting everyone know that you are a man of your word when I have received my reimbursement.

It is no means blown out of proportion. I'll send you a PM now and I will be more than happy to put up a new post letting everyone know that you are a man of your word when I have received my reimbursement.

Responded to and we'll get it resolved.

Truth. I know things will be slightly easier on my brain when I can hire a hand, but right now isn't quite tine for that and when it is, finding that individual will be like finding a needle in a haystack. I trust nobody to work on customers rides other than me :(

Hey I take offense that you wouldn't let me work on your truck there big fella!! :mad:

Being a small business and getting some of your work via the internet from customers that are not local to you is a huge undertaking. The customer will never see the work or progress that you make and will never see your facility, yourself or your other work. The only representation that you have with these customers is your finished product and your ability to meet the agreed deadlines. My only recommendation would be make communications your top priority. It only takes a minute to text or make a call to a customer to provide them an update on the progress or to ask for more time. If you don't have time to do this then maybe reducing your workload and increasing your prices as it is better to have fewer customers that are completely satisfied than to have more customers that are not all satisfied.

I am fortunate that I am close to Justin/JMB but one thing that I have always appreciated about him is that he keeps me updated and always responds to my texts, calls. I truly wish you luck in your business because I know the amount of work it takes to do it right and build a good reputation. Sounds like you are willing to take responsibility for your issues so that is a positive move in my opinion.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back