Venom Power #1900's Before and After Woofer Box

Black1 said:
You know, DEI bought Orion a few years ago (they also acquired Polk). I've been outta the game for a little bit and noticed DEI markets ALL of their amps as Orion units now. :confused: :dontknow: At least Orion was a good company, so that's cool wit me. :eek:

OMG I remember ORION, Linear Power, Phoenix Gold.. At age 20, in my '86 IROC-Z I had a long 1,000 watt red ORION amp pushing 4 KICKER 12's. I LOVED it. Two 12's were mounted up front on plexiglas outlined by a red vinyl oval while the other two were mounted behind inside the box (painted in flec-stone) seen through the oval plexiglass window.. I removed the under panels of the ORION amp and replaced them with plexiglass, then mounted the amp below the woofers upside down under an elongated oval so all that was seen was the internal components and an inlet fan on one side with an outlet fan mounted on the other. That box was epic and a plexiglass/red vinyl wall that did not permit seeing out the back window.. The SPL was amazing making the T-tops seem to breathe. But it was all stolen a day after it was completed.:(

Last edited:
Venom Power said:
.... That box was epic and a plexiglass/red vinyl wall that did not permit seeing out the back window.. The SPL was amazing making the T-tops seem to breathe. But it was all stolen a day after it was completed.:(

A DOUBLE BANDPASS BOX.... :rock: :rock: :rock: I had one in my '92 M5. Bandpass boxes are KING when they are tuned correctly. :cool:

Black1 said:
A DOUBLE BANDPASS BOX.... :rock: :rock: :rock: I had one in my '92 M5. Bandpass boxes are KING when they are tuned correctly. :cool:

Never a fan of bandpass boxes.......only one box I love.......Sealed. Nothing better than a sealed box (acoustically) okay there is....but who in the hell can fit a horn box in their car??? LOL

looking good Ant-Nee. i guess youll be in charge of the tunes in panama:rock:

Looks a lot better. This mod can also be considered a back massager. 2 mods for the price of 1!

eddie102870 said:
looking good Ant-Nee. i guess youll be in charge of the tunes in panama:rock:

Eddie, she went in this morning for that "surgery" we discussed. I managed to get a double bottle bracket with rubber gaskets, a window switch and another remote opener. Both bottles were primered and a skull overlay applied which will be ghost skulls after the red candy paint is applied to them. The bed was carpeted to make the mounted install look clean. Yours or Stinky's paypal will be loaded in full the Friday we are in PCB :dontknow: if that's cool.

The sign over the facility says it all.
IMG00712-20100525-1114.jpg

Some other patients.

IMG00713-20100525-1114.jpg

IMG00711-20100525-1114.jpg

Venom Power said:
Eddie, she went in this morning for that "surgery" we discussed. I managed to get a double bottle bracket with rubber gaskets, a window switch and another remote opener. Both bottles were primered and a skull overlay applied which will be ghost skulls after the red candy paint is applied to them. The bed was carpeted to make the mounted install look clean. Yours or Stinky's paypal will be loaded in full the Friday we are in PCB :dontknow: if that's cool.

The sign over the facility says it all.
IMG00712-20100525-1114.jpg

Some other patients.

IMG00713-20100525-1114.jpg

IMG00711-20100525-1114.jpg

Can't wait to see pics of that install. I thought you were only into visuals? :D

NorCal SRT-10 said:
Can't wait to see pics of that install. I thought you were only into visuals? :D

Yeah, it's going to be a "fully functional" visual. I'm sure I still won't race her though. ;) Like putting on a condom without intentions for having sex.. :confused: It's weird.

Venom Power said:
Yeah, it's going to be a "fully functional" visual. I'm sure I still won't race her though. ;) Like putting on a condom without intentions for having sex.. :confused: It's weird.
LOL:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cruster said:
Might even blow a woman's clothes off:D :D :D Looks great, bet it sounds even better.

More pics of the makeover, please!

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

More pics will most def be taken when I get her back from this most recent surgery.:) Should be Friday.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back