Venom Power #1900's Before and After Woofer Box

Venom Power

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[:dontknow: I couldn't find the "what did you do to your vehicle today" thread]
Most members are into go fast stuff. As many of you know I'm into visuals. I thought it was time to change up the box since the old one did rob from overall comfort (could hardly lay the seats back). Besides, the old box is 4 years old. The JL W6's require significant room and air space with those huge magnets. Also, the HiFonics amplifier was replaced with a beefier Rockford Fosgate amplifier. The CD changer was 86'd because it was used anymore. And the Lightning Cap was dropped out as well. The sound is much better than before.

BEFORE:
VTCoA115-2.jpg

VTCoA121-1.jpg

VTCoA120.jpg

VTCoA116-1.jpg

AFTER:
IMG00695-20100523-1318.jpg

IMG00696-20100523-1318.jpg

IMG00697-20100523-1335.jpg

It's likely I won't be making it to the GTG since I may not have #1900 back from her implant surgery by then. Anyone from Houston going?

SANCHOBA said:
what are you doing with the old box?

Scot, the old box was cheaply made with not enough air space and was ugly. All that could be seen was the beauty panel to cover it which gave the illusion that the box was actually that big. It wasn't; the actual woofer enclosure ended at the top of the woofers. That thing was tossed.
VTCoA115-2.jpg

This new box is fiberglass and THAT size; no beauty paneling..

IMG00695-20100523-1318.jpg

Last edited:
M'kay, scratch those previous pictures of the new setup.. I had them raise the amp higher so it can be seen better and add a black carpeted panel under the amp to hide wiring and seperate the two subwoofer sections. Also, the silver carpeting on top was changed to black. Yeah, it looks better now.

IMG00702-20100524-1753.jpg

IMG00703-20100524-1753.jpg

IMG00704-20100524-1754.jpg

IMG00705-20100524-1754.jpg

IMG00706-20100524-1755.jpg

IMG00708-20100524-1757.jpg

IMG00709-20100524-1758.jpg

Last edited:
Black1 said:
JL W6 is a supremely awesome subwoofer. :rock: It's too bad yer not rockin' the HiFonics anymore... I always loved those. :eek:

HiFonics have always been my favs along with AutoTek. I'm old school for sure. Didn't Pyramid buy HiFonics at some point? I went through two HiFonics Brutus amps in the 10. Apparently they both had soldering joint issues. Probably a direct result of Pyramid running the show. I still have them. May just fix them then sell them. I still have a HiFonics Titan amp running mids and highs.

Venom Power said:
HiFonics have always been my favs along with AutoTek. I'm old school for sure. Didn't Pyramid buy HiFonics at some point? I went through two HiFonics Brutus amps in the 10. Apparently they both had soldering joint issues. Probably a direct result of Pyramid running the show. I still have them. May just fix them then sell them. I still have a HiFonics Titan amp running mids and highs.

Lanzaar was bought by Pyramid... Maxxsonics Inc owns HiFonics (along with MB Quart and AutoTek).

I just love their 4-channel amps. :rock: That's all I used to use for mids and highs. But, I gotta tell ya... I've been really sold on DEI's Class D amps for about 10 years now. They just f*ckin ROCK, and are pretty much bullet-proof. :cool: I never had anything but problems with Rockford. :( But, I just think that's my luck because I have a few friends that swear by them. :dontknow:

Black1 said:
Lanzaar was bought by Pyramid... Maxxsonics Inc owns HiFonics (along with MB Quart and AutoTek).

I just love their 4-channel amps. :rock: That's all I used to use for mids and highs. But, I gotta tell ya... I've been really sold on DEI's Class D amps for about 10 years now. They just f*ckin ROCK, and are pretty much bullet-proof. :cool: I never had anything but problems with Rockford. :( But, I just think that's my luck because I have a few friends that swear by them. :dontknow:

If I have so much as one problem with the RF, that'll give me an excuse to go with DEI class D. The D2400 looks sick. Plus, I'm definately game for bullet proof quality.:D

Last edited:
I too love old school amp power. I am a Orion, US AMPS and Hifonics man myself. Hell I am currently selling on ebay my 44" long US AMPS VLX-400!!!

Oh Ant, where did you have the work done in Houston? CarToys by chance?

5_0_BAIT said:
I too love old school amp power. I am a Orion, US AMPS and Hifonics man myself. Hell I am currently selling on ebay my 44" long US AMPS VLX-400!!!

You know, DEI bought Orion a few years ago (they also acquired Polk). I've been outta the game for a little bit and noticed DEI markets ALL of their amps as Orion units now. :confused: :dontknow: At least Orion was a good company, so that's cool wit me. :eek:

5_0_BAIT said:

It was done at Mobile One Audio.. Not exactly a place I'd chose but the head installer is new, young and vibrant. Plus I learned the higher end shops would charge a hell of a lot more for some shabby work (like the original install done at CJ Sounds in Houston; a place with a really good rep back in the 90's. These days stay away from that place. The owner passed away and his son took over. They're not as good anymore) This kid at M1 really wanted it to look and sound good since he knows it'll be seen a lot this summer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back