Vents Not Blowing!

DIABLO_X22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I Get Into My Truck This Morning, Start It Up, Turn on The Vent From The Floor, The Dash Mad A Weird Noise, Then The Air Was BARELY Coming From The Vents! Felt Down By The Floor, And its Blowing But It Seems Like Not As Hard. Pulled The Battery For 15 Minutes-NO HELP. The Motors, Are Working, I Think It Might Be A Door Inside The Box????? Any Ideas or Experiences? Thank You. :evil:

DIABLO_X22 said:
So I Get Into My Truck This Morning, Start It Up, Turn on The Vent From The Floor, The Dash Mad A Weird Noise, Then The Air Was BARELY Coming From The Vents! Felt Down By The Floor, And its Blowing But It Seems Like Not As Hard. Pulled The Battery For 15 Minutes-NO HELP. The Motors, Are Working, I Think It Might Be A Door Inside The Box????? Any Ideas or Experiences? Thank You. :evil:
Yup, sounds like the blend door broke. Dont know what year your truck is. But very common on the '06

It sounds like its the recirc. housing that needs to be replaced. If you remove the blower motor and a door falls out its probly the problem. The recirc. door is right above the blower motor and if it breaks off and falls down it can block the air flow. Like Stinker and Santeen said........ common problem.

The replacement P/N is 68004226AC

dragon said:
It sounds like its the recirc. housing that needs to be replaced. If you remove the blower motor and a door falls out its probly the problem. The recirc. door is right above the blower motor and if it breaks off and falls down it can block the air flow. Like Stinker and Santeen said........ common problem.

The replacement P/N is 68004226AC
dotn the whole dash jsut about have to be pulled?

Yea the dash has to be pulled. You just have to unbolt it and move it back basically setting it on the seat. If its your first time probly take 2-3 hours.

The dealership pulled my glovebox and sawed a large rectangular hole in the panel behind it, could access it then without pulling the dash. Fixed, no more problem. Said they do it a lot.

There are bolts along the top along the windshield.
I believe two bolts on each side of the dash. (left and right)
A couple on the bottom middle of the dash.
And you have to drop the column down.

You dont have to disconnect the speedo or any wiring. The dash only needs to be moved away and sat on the seats. Theres a metal support the dash is attached to and you remove the support with the dash attached to it.

dragon said:
I have seen two techs (one on each side) do it in 20 minutes. :rock:
that would be the ones without the Infinity Amp behind the dash... with the amp it requires ou to move the dash back a bit

There are several updates for the 05 heater box. I'm not sure about the 06. If you are going to pull the dash get with your dealer and do them all at the same time. It is commen for the recirculate door to break. You can see it by removing the blower motor. I think this door can be repaired without pulling the dash. There are ways to replace other doors if you dont mind chopping holes in your heater box. There is a company that makes metal doors and has vidios that show how to put them in. www.heatertreater.net

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back