Begood said:
I'll take an ACR in black.

Bill.

Here you go:
DCPerformanceJuly122008149.jpg

And just for good measure here is a vid to go with it:
First Cali 08 Viper ACR at Willow Spring CA

I'll take the cash please...times r tuff..lol

Well that the whole point of getting one in every color. Can you imagine what these cars are gonna be worth if the plant is closed for good? I sure hope it isn't but it doesn't look good.

Black1 said:
I wouldn't be surprised.... it was their "loss leader". :eek: :(
Just a couple of weeks back someone posted an article stating that as bad as Chrysler sales are, the Viper continues to sell well (considering it's an extremely limited production car). Around ~100 cars per month.

Also, the 09's are just starting to show up, so I don't understand how the factory can be closed at this point.:dontknow:

94rt10ohio said:
They just extended their xmas break by a week. It is amazing how the Internet twists stories.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/industry-wide-production-slows-on-account-of-doom-and-weak-sales/

That's almost the same story they printed here.(netherlands)
Only not a word of a X-mas break.
Here it says chrysler closed the viper factory next week.

I wish i could have a 2009 viper next to my truck.
But here they triple the price of a new viper.
It will cost in the netherlands with all the extra tax we have 180.000 euro(that's 240.000 dollar):dontknow: :confused: :(

Alex

Last edited:
Hamrhead said:
Just a couple of weeks back someone posted an article stating that as bad as Chrysler sales are, the Viper continues to sell well (considering it's an extremely limited production car). Around ~100 cars per month.

Also, the 09's are just starting to show up, so I don't understand how the factory can be closed at this point.:dontknow:

Don't know? This is why. They are running out of cash. They are trying to buy time until the market turns around or they get the bailout. Dealers have inventory so no need to keep building them. Obviously the market is not going to turn around any time soon so we know what they are banking on. They are just saving their cash at this point.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081211/chrysler_finances.html

94rt10ohio said:
Don't know? This is why. They are running out of cash. They are trying to buy time until the market turns around or they get the bailout. Dealers have inventory so no need to keep building them. Obviously the market is not going to turn around any time soon so we know what they are banking on. They are just saving their cash at this point.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081211/chrysler_finances.html
That is scary:(

Grapevine say's that this may be temporary. They have been trying to sell the Viper for at least a year. I also heard that they did find a buyer.

Only time will tell.

PS, I also know that there WAS orders through all of 09 and into 10

There are a lot of good people there, and I wish them well.

MikeNice said:
Grapevine say's that this may be temporary. They have been trying to sell the Viper for at least a year. I also heard that they did find a buyer.

Only time will tell.

PS, I also know that there WAS orders through all of 09 and into 10

There are a lot of good people there, and I wish them well.

Hello Mike! Still in Michigan? :dontknow:

If the car companies are coming to DC and begging for money to keep them going, it makes sense that Viper plant would shut down, whether it be for Xmas or longer. I think you will see a bit more of this as well..Will Chrysler slow down production of Challengers next?..Will Chevy stop production of the new Camaro in order to save costs? Supposedly Corvette production has stopped already..Logic says probably IMO.

Back