Viper Hydraulics, Necessary???

Viper Beau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted know your guys' opinion on upgrading to viper hydraulics if I upgrade my clutch. I will only do the occassional 1/4 mile runs and cruising on weekends. I don't have any problems shifting now with the xmetal Gen X shifter.

Have any of you done a clutch upgrade without replacing the hydraulics?
For my application do you think its necessary or just a good idea if I have the money?

Thanks for any input

Only a Must if you will be tracking it or beating on it... I put 20k miles on mine went to the track a few times, beat on it daily and only ran into problems a couple times when things got real hot... So not a must only a if you have the money mod... There are other mods Id do first if you are going to do any....

i put centerforce in at 20,000 and still running stock hydraulics on it.it has always been driven hard and made it to track many times. it has 91,000 now NOT A NESSISARY UPGRADE

I'm pretty easy on my truck, never raced, never smoked tires, never gone over 50mph,:p (only 4400mi since new). When Chuck Tator replaced mine, he said original had begun to leak. Just my 2 cents.

joemags54 said:
I'm pretty easy on my truck, never raced, never smoked tires, never gone over 50mph,:p (only 4400mi since new). When Chuck Tator replaced mine, he said original had begun to leak. Just my 2 cents.

That was only from dry rot from lack of use. :aetsch:

My truck has 11k miles, babied and never raced. My slave has been leaking over a year. It works fine as long as I keep it full but it WILL get replaced next winter. I suggest changing out if you're already tearing it apart. This is just a good PM on these trucks!!!

do your self the favor replace the hydrolics... i was completely agenst it but it was a must for the clutch i have... and i have never been happier.. the clutch feels like a completely diffrent car/truck it's great

Tooloe,

What clutch did you end up going with? I have the same nitrous plate set up as you. Just waiting for the Trick Peformance P and V gauge to come off back order and I hook it up to a 150 shot and tune at Torrie's place. I'm not forged like you but just curious as to what clutch you went with.

Also, seems we have a divided crowd on this issue. Some say its overkill some say its a must. Seems some have leaks without heavy use and others not. At over $400 for the upgrade, not incl. labor, how many of you who did the upgrade did it because of leaks or heavy use vs. for "better feel" when shifting?
Either way, thanks for your feedback. I will have to think about this one.

all you need is the slave, you don't need a new master if you replace the slave. Just sawp the lines. Also it is only 179bucks for a viper slave. use the rest on a good clutch that is where you want to make the correct choice, with your mods you pretty much have your choice, even stocker again.

as soon as I get eddies truck transfered up here we will have a different master and slave set up available, probably a tifton set up:)

Viper Beau said:
Also, seems we have a divided crowd on this issue. Some say its overkill some say its a must. Seems some have leaks without heavy use and others not. At over $400 for the upgrade, not incl. labor, how many of you who did the upgrade did it because of leaks or heavy use vs. for "better feel" when shifting?
I don't like anything leaking.........so I paid the lady.:D

Viper Beau said:

You got 8 "yes", 2 with leaks that may do and 2 "no" and one of the "no" was on the fence...how was that divided??...;) LOL............you need to do a poll.....:itsme:

mines workinfg fine, has from day one:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back