Viper master and slave cylinder kit?

chromecards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to install the Viper master and slave cylinder kit and was wondering what parts to use.

What year of Dodge Viper master and slave cylinder is used?

I called a dealer today and priced both of them for a 2004, for about $330.00.

Also I was wondering what should be used to shim the slave cylinder?

Any insight on this from someone who put put this kit together themselves would be appreciated.

Russell

chromecards said:
I was going to install the Viper master and slave cylinder kit and was wondering what parts to use.

What year of Dodge Viper master and slave cylinder is used?

I called a dealer today and priced both of them for a 2004, for about $330.00.

Also I was wondering what should be used to shim the slave cylinder?

Any insight on this from someone who put put this kit together themselves would be appreciated.

Russell
I would give Justin JMB a call,He has the kit you are looking for.

Thanks, I have already done that, I was just wondering if anyone had put this together themself, and what parts they used.

Russell

Justin has all you need, without sounding rude, there really is no point in looking elsewhere when a kit has been put together by someone who knows. I got my kit from Justin, no worries. ;)

Justin, Roe etc...... offer this kit because you need two custom shims made for the viper master slave to work with your ten. Dodge does not offer nor do most of the dealers even realize this viper part can work on our trucks.

patrick

Russell,

This mod from Justin is trustworthy and complete....

I'm sure that if you deal with Justin he will aslo help you or your installer if you get stuck..... No worries with Justin, ever..... He's a solid guy and great to deal with... A real class act...

No horseshit....

D

The part numbers on my service ticket are 5037357-AB, 4642666-AB.

Thanks for the responses, I'm sure Justin is flattered by all of these great responses. Me and my father met Justin last year and I live just a few miles from him. I was just asking this curious if anyone had put this kit together themselfves. I have e-mailed Justin and am planning on buying the Viper hydraulics and a new stock clutch from him. I have a Centerforce now and it is a POS. My orginal stock clutch has lasted longer then the Centerforce!!!

Thanks for all of the help,
Russell

Cool, good choice on the kit. My centerforce clutch is real nice, good bite and no problems, though I haven't owned my truck for years and never drove with the stock set up.

chromecards said:
I have e-mailed Justin and am planning on buying the Viper hydraulics and a new stock clutch from him. I have a Centerforce now and it is a POS. My orginal stock clutch has lasted longer then the Centerforce!!!

Thanks for all of the help,
Russell

If you have the centerforce clutch without the viper hyraulics you will have problems with the clutch. The stock hydraulics cannot handle the pressure that the centerforce needs. Sorry you had such a bad experience. My stocker last 3k miles, upgraded one has been in my truck for 9k miles with no issues.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
If you have the centerforce clutch without the viper hyraulics you will have problems with the clutch. The stock hydraulics cannot handle the pressure that the centerforce needs. Sorry you had such a bad experience. My stocker last 3k miles, upgraded one has been in my truck for 9k miles with no issues.

patrick

That's right.You CAN do the hydraulics without the Centerforce,but NOT the Centerforce without the Viper hydraulics.It just won't work.I have been using the Centerforce ( as have a LOT of others ) for a long time with no problems.Everything about it is better than stock.Pedal feels better and it hooks much better.I can only guess that the stockers that have lasted as long as they have because the owners are driving with a less than aggressive style :D :p ;)

HOT RAM said:
That's right.You CAN do the hydraulics without the Centerforce,but NOT the Centerforce without the Viper hydraulics.It just won't work.I have been using the Centerforce ( as have a LOT of others ) for a long time with no problems.Everything about it is better than stock.Pedal feels better and it hooks much better.I can only guess that the stockers that have lasted as long as they have because the owners are driving with a less than aggressive style :D :p ;)

So far my original has lasted 40,000 miles, wanna race?

FATJACK said:
So far my original has lasted 40,000 miles, wanna race?

I'm right ahead of ya... 42K on my clock and still original clutch... :)
I've made the decision that once I get to 50K miles, I'm going to treat myself to the Centerforce setup.

I can only guess that the stockers that have lasted as long as they have because the owners are driving with a less than aggressive style
or maybe there are some who can't drive a stick:D

My problem with the Centerforce is that when I pull in my garage, which is at a slight incline, I cannot fully release the clutch pedal to get the truck in. I have to release the clutch pedal slowly to pull the truck in slowly. Half the time I do this the clutch slips and burns. It does the same thing in traffic, if your stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on a hill, such as in Branson, MO, you are in for a fun time. When I had the stock clutch I never had a problem with it in situations like this, although it would burn when I drove it aggressively. So my thoughts are with the upgraded hydraulics it will be like before in slow traffic situations, and be better when I drive aggressively. I hope this is the case, otherwise I will have to go back to a Centerforce with the upgraded hydraulics and try that. Trial and error.

I do agree that the Centforce has a better feel with the clutch pedal. It probably is better when driving aggressively also, but I cannot go around and dump the clutch everywhere I go. Especially when pulling into a 1 car garage.

Russell

HOT RAM said:
what nelson said !!! :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back