Viper master and slave cylinder kit?

chromecards said:
My problem with the Centerforce is that when I pull in my garage, which is at a slight incline, I cannot fully release the clutch pedal to get the truck in. I have to release the clutch pedal slowly to pull the truck in slowly. Half the time I do this the clutch slips and burns. It does the same thing in traffic, if your stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on a hill, such as in Branson, MO, you are in for a fun time. When I had the stock clutch I never had a problem with it in situations like this, although it would burn when I drove it aggressively. So my thoughts are with the upgraded hydraulics it will be like before in slow traffic situations, and be better when I drive aggressively. I hope this is the case, otherwise I will have to go back to a Centerforce with the upgraded hydraulics and try that. Trial and error.

I do agree that the Centforce has a better feel with the clutch pedal. It probably is better when driving aggressively also, but I cannot go around and dump the clutch everywhere I go. Especially when pulling into a 1 car garage.

Russell
I have the upgraded Centerforce with Viper hydraulics master/slave cylinder. And I got the same problem as you, when I pull in my garage and same thing in traffic. if I am stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. And I hate the break-in period. It's gonna take me all summer to do that. :(

chromecards said:
My problem with the Centerforce is that when I pull in my garage, which is at a slight incline, I cannot fully release the clutch pedal to get the truck in. I have to release the clutch pedal slowly to pull the truck in slowly. Half the time I do this the clutch slips and burns. It does the same thing in traffic, if your stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on a hill, such as in Branson, MO, you are in for a fun time. When I had the stock clutch I never had a problem with it in situations like this, although it would burn when I drove it aggressively. So my thoughts are with the upgraded hydraulics it will be like before in slow traffic situations, and be better when I drive aggressively. I hope this is the case, otherwise I will have to go back to a Centerforce with the upgraded hydraulics and try that. Trial and error.

I do agree that the Centforce has a better feel with the clutch pedal. It probably is better when driving aggressively also, but I cannot go around and dump the clutch everywhere I go. Especially when pulling into a 1 car garage.

Russell

It is burning because the stock hydraulics are not strong enough to engage/disengage it properly. It will prematurly burn up the clutch. HotRam stated it clearly.

I also have a slight incline one car garage. Even have to pull the drivers side mirror in to pull in. I only let the clutch out slightly as I pull in very slow. I have never smelled burnt clutch doing this.

Your issue is the lack of proper hydraulics not the centerforce clutch.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
It is burning because the stock hydraulics are not strong enough to engage/disengage it properly. It will prematurly burn up the clutch. HotRam stated it clearly.

I also have a slight incline one car garage. Even have to pull the drivers side mirror in to pull in. I only let the clutch out slightly as I pull in very slow. I have never smelled burnt clutch doing this.

Your issue is the lack of proper hydraulics not the centerforce clutch.

patrick

I agree.I have NEVER had any difficulty with my Centerforce/Viper master-slave set-up.Key is proper break-in.The biggest problem I had was with the lightweight Fidanza flywheel,replaced it with a new stocker and all was great.

I highly recommend the Centerforce/Viper master-slave combo.

BTW the reason we havent given out the part numbers is in respect to those that went to all the trouble of putting the kit together and all there work that went into the shims , plus the support of our vendors;)

the price justin has on his kit, he is not making very much on it:rock:

BTW if your centerforce is "on the trigger" then its not adjusted correctly, clutch to flywheel measurements needs checked, and the slave cylinder too.

with correct adjustments it should work the same as stock

Stinker said:
BTW the reason we havent given out the part numbers is in respect to those that went to all the trouble of putting the kit together and all there work that went into the shims , plus the support of our vendors;)

the price justin has on his kit, he is not making very much on it:rock:

BTW if your centerforce is "on the trigger" then its not adjusted correctly, clutch to flywheel measurements needs checked, and the slave cylinder too.

with correct adjustments it should work the same as stock

correct..:congrats: If there is anyone who has pulled out the tranny over and over again, its stinker / myself. Measurements, bleeding, shims, are all critical.

-Red

If there is anything I love about this site it is all of the contradiction. One guy says that he has just a Centerforce install and has no problems. One guy has just the Viper hydraulic upgrade and says he has no problems. One guy has done both and says he has no problems. Yet others have done nothing and say they have no problems.

When I installed the Centerforce with stock hydrauclics, what measurments did I need to take???

"BTW if your centerforce is "on the trigger" then its not adjusted correctly, clutch to flywheel measurements needs checked, and the slave cylinder too.

with correct adjustments it should work the same as stock"

What adjustments are you referring to here?

Russell

HOT RAM said:
That's right.You CAN do the hydraulics without the Centerforce,but NOT the Centerforce without the Viper hydraulics.It just won't work.I have been using the Centerforce ( as have a LOT of others ) for a long time with no problems.Everything about it is better than stock.Pedal feels better and it hooks much better.I can only guess that the stockers that have lasted as long as they have because the owners are driving with a less than aggressive style :D :p ;)

I dont agree with that statment. my through out bearing was leaking and changed at 18,000 mi. I had my flywheel resurfaced and clutch was changed to a centerforce at 22,000 mi. I now have 54,500 miles on stock hydrolics and centerforce clutch.

chromecards said:
If there is anything I love about this site it is all of the contradiction. One guy says that he has just a Centerforce install and has no problems. One guy has just the Viper hydraulic upgrade and says he has no problems. One guy has done both and says he has no problems. Yet others have done nothing and say they have no problems.

When I installed the Centerforce with stock hydrauclics, what measurments did I need to take???

"BTW if your centerforce is "on the trigger" then its not adjusted correctly, clutch to flywheel measurements needs checked, and the slave cylinder too.

with correct adjustments it should work the same as stock"

What adjustments are you referring to here?

Russell

your statement seems incorrect....... the vast majority has the viper master/slave with the centerforce clutch to solve two issues: the ability to get alot of hp to the ground (centerforce) & for it to be consistant over a long period of time (viper cylinders)....... start another thread (or alter this one) & add a poll asking who uses the centerforce clutch with the viper cylinders with complete satisfaction & you'll have your answer. :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back