Viper powered Noob

D100SRT

Reaction score
Hows it going guys, my name is Joe, while I do not own a Ram SRT, I am in the process of building a '72 D100 short bed with a 2001 Viper engine and trans. Just thought it would be cool to share my build with other Dodge truck peeps that love that v10 howl. The truck is being built on air ride suspension designed to lay frame on 22's, using 2002 Ram spindles up front and a Ram 9.25 rear with a limited slip 3.55:1 diff. I plan to run QA1 shocks on all 4 corners, eventually upgrade to 22x12's in the rear, and a single turbo setup.

Attachments

• IMG_20150210_203714.jpg
    IMG_20150210_203714.jpg
    601.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20141011_153448.jpg
    IMG_20141011_153448.jpg
    823.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMAG0609.jpg
    IMAG0609.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Welcome in here and good luck on your project..sounds like alotta work but will be worth it.

Welcome to the VTCoA!

It will eventually get a paint job, but for now it will just be an old rusty Dodge to whoop up on every mustang and camaro in town haha

Awesome build, maybe we can exchange notes, I'm building a 67 D100 with a 05 8.3L. Looks like you are further along than I am, I'm just picking up parts right now. What are you planning on using for engine management?

Ill gladly help out another D100 fella. Im not quite sure what im going to do for engine management right now. I got my engine out of a salvage yard so its missing a few parts like the ecm. Im still digging around at what all my options are, hoping to just run a factory flashed ecm for the time being. I scored a mopar viper crate engine installation manual on ebay today so hopefully it will help clear up some of my concerns.

Ill gladly help out another D100 fella. Im not quite sure what im going to do for engine management right now. I got my engine out of a salvage yard so its missing a few parts like the ecm. Im still digging around at what all my options are, hoping to just run a factory flashed ecm for the time being. I scored a mopar viper crate engine installation manual on ebay today so hopefully it will help clear up some of my concerns.

I just ordered my harness and ECU ( they are flashing mine ) from Hotwire Auto. They do a great job, I bought my Hemi harness and ECU from them a few years ago.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back