Viper Remote start system

I have a clifford alarm and it works great. Then again clifford, viper, and I think a few others are all made by the same company. Might try and PM 50 Bait. I know he knows his stuff when it comes to car electronics.

i use marksman.. works great.. no problems.. only issue i can complain about is that if you use the remote to lock/unlock then you lock/unlock with key alarm goes off (may be a generic issue though)

I have the viper 5701 two way remote start with Viper Smart Start. I love it although the key fob buttons are easily pushed while in your pocket. I found a way to lock the buttons to prevent the buttons from doing anything. Other than that I love the system!

Here is a video of the smart start (noise in the background were fireworks as this was New Years eve).

LINK

I'm running a Viper 5901. I've had it in for around 1 year now and I love it. I can't get enough of the remote start lol. I do it HEAPS. No issues at all, one of the only alarms that I've owned that doesn't give off false readings/alerts and is simple and easy to use. Not much more to say really, it does everything it should and nothing it shouldn't. ;) There is a newer version out now too, they all do good stuff. Trunk lock, remote start (1 mile straightline range, etc) and they are all customizable, screen settings, alarm chirps, noise, silent I have a voice module on mine with ED-209's voice from "Robocop" lol saying; "Batram Disarmed" amongst other things lol, awesome fun. Best of all, all the functions WORK.

Viper5901.jpg

BATRAM_Key___Remote.JPG

i had to the older model viper 2 way and loved it! I'm going to upgrade and get another one this time....Iv'e had viper alarms on 2 of my vehicles and there defiently worth the cash to me!!

Watch installing a remote start on a manual trans. I would have people come try to get me to do it. I wouldn't touch it. I had an installer that worked with me do it on his car (manual trans) and jumped it up a curb and into a wall. Insurance wouldn't touch it.

Here is something I saw on another forum. Good luck to this guy.

http://www.gtcars.ca/2010/03/ford-dealer-sinks-a-mustang-in-a-pond/

walbert said:
Watch installing a remote start on a manual trans. I would have people come try to get me to do it. I wouldn't touch it. I had an installer that worked with me do it on his car (manual trans) and jumped it up a curb and into a wall. Insurance wouldn't touch it.

Remote start on a manual trans is 100% fine when installed correctly. Mine had it, worked fine. It won't start unless the e-brake is engaged and the shifter is in neutral which you had to wire sensors to, (I think that's what they're called) not sure, my alarm guy done it and it came in the kit. If it starts in gear and drives off on you, it's not installed correctly. For obvious safety reasons, when testing it for the first time, to be 100% safe, have a guy hover the brake pedal inside the cab "just" incase. You also have to do a "procedure" to have it remote start ready. The procedure to activate it and allow you to use the remote to start it is as follows:

1) You pull up at destination, put into neutral and leave engine running.
2) Apply foot brake
3) Apply park brake
4) Release foot brake
5) Press Remote start button (Hazards flash 5 times)
6) Remove remote key from ignition (engine keeps running)
7) Exit vehicle and press Lock button on Remote
8) Engine stops, alarm is now on and vehicle is ready to be remote started as it is out of gear.

You can now start the vehicle remotely. To get in, simply unlock, put key in ignition and turn to on, hit the brake, it's back in your control. If you hit any pedals or shift gear, the truck will die on you. As you can see, this isn't the stuff they tell you about in the blurbs and fancy posters lol. But, it sounds more complicated than it really is. Another reason I'm so glad mine is an auto now, simply pull up like you do, that's it lol. It's remote start ready ANYTIME. No need to do any procedure. It will start any time the truck is in P and the handbrake on. To sum it up, if the alarm guy knows what he is doing, follows the instructions there is nothing to it. With anything of this nature, if you know your truck is on a steep hill and you're not sure about it, don't use it to be 3000% safe lol. I use mine everywhere. Gas stations, side of the road, while at a restaurant parked ages away, every chance I get, it kicks ass.

;)

I have the viper 5701 2 way in both my bee and my charger works great, and can control other features like sunroof with optional parts,no problems

Carlwalski said:
Remote start on a manual trans is 100% fine when installed correctly. Mine had it, worked fine. It won't start unless the e-brake is engaged and the shifter is in neutral which you had to wire sensors to, (I think that's what they're called) not sure, my alarm guy done it and it came in the kit. If it starts in gear and drives off on you, it's not installed correctly. For obvious safety reasons, when testing it for the first time, to be 100% safe, have a guy hover the brake pedal inside the cab "just" incase. You also have to do a "procedure" to have it remote start ready. The procedure to activate it and allow you to use the remote to start it is as follows:

1) You pull up at destination, put into neutral and leave engine running.
2) Apply foot brake
3) Apply park brake
4) Release foot brake
5) Press Remote start button (Hazards flash 5 times)
6) Remove remote key from ignition (engine keeps running)
7) Exit vehicle and press Lock button on Remote
8) Engine stops, alarm is now on and vehicle is ready to be remote started as it is out of gear.

You can now start the vehicle remotely. To get in, simply unlock, put key in ignition and turn to on, hit the brake, it's back in your control. If you hit any pedals or shift gear, the truck will die on you. As you can see, this isn't the stuff they tell you about in the blurbs and fancy posters lol. But, it sounds more complicated than it really is. Another reason I'm so glad mine is an auto now, simply pull up like you do, that's it lol. It's remote start ready ANYTIME. No need to do any procedure. It will start any time the truck is in P and the handbrake on. To sum it up, if the alarm guy knows what he is doing, follows the instructions there is nothing to it. With anything of this nature, if you know your truck is on a steep hill and you're not sure about it, don't use it to be 3000% safe lol. I use mine everywhere. Gas stations, side of the road, while at a restaurant parked ages away, every chance I get, it kicks ass.

;)

good to know. I got out of car audio and moved into yachts and custom homes 10 years ago. Back then remote starts on manuals were a big no no. looks like they got a fix for the manual, but better make sure its installed right.

walbert said:

Damn now that blows!! I had my viper alarm since i bought my old WS6 but never installed it on that since it had a 6 speed.....Figured i would just hold onto it until i bought another vehicle....my old hemi ram! I used to leave my cut out open and whenever someone was standing by it i would start it....man i'm going to miss that sick lope of the 218/218 cam, headers with no cats :( ....the 10's just don't sound that mean to me....

walbert said:
good to know. I got out of car audio and moved into yachts and custom homes 10 years ago. Back then remote starts on manuals were a big no no. looks like they got a fix for the manual, but better make sure its installed right.
Yup, but I can see why they were a no no bud, still can. On paper it's scary thought. But if you simply put in a couple of safe guards so it can't start unless it's in N and with the e-brake on, it's 100% safe. Yachts & custom homes, nice stuff man. I bet you've seen some rather exclusive assets in your time, especially the yachts. ;)

Troy's QC SRT said:
Damn now that blows!! I had my viper alarm since i bought my old WS6 but never installed it on that since it had a 6 speed.....Figured i would just hold onto it until i bought another vehicle....my old hemi ram! I used to leave my cut out open and whenever someone was standing by it i would start it....man i'm going to miss that sick lope of the 218/218 cam, headers with no cats :( ....the 10's just don't sound that mean to me....
You can have them and they are made for manuals, the Viper alarms anyhow. Trust me, you know America is sue trigger happy so there is no way on earth they would ever sell them if they could see billions of dollars worth in lawsuits happening lol. The Viper kits come with everything you need, manual or auto. You just need a good installer and you'll be fine. I agree with the note, I like V8s but since I got my Billy Boat setup, that has changed slightly, its right up there with a good V8. Mine sounds like an exotic V8, nice and deep with a higher pitched than a V8 growl at higher rpms. :)

do you have the B&B full exahaust with no cats including B&B catback? any idle/revving vids?

Troy's QC SRT said:
do you have the B&B full exahaust with no cats including B&B catback? any idle/revving vids?
Yes, full with no cats (same volume as with hi-flows). Feel free to PM me to keep this thread on topic. Video below of mine.
There are STACKS of videos in the "Exhaust Thread". I think it's stickied bud. I owe you one for the HIDs. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSRSXUx9Q4k

Carlwalski said:
Yes, full with no cats (same volume as with hi-flows). Feel free to PM me to keep this thread on topic. Video below of mine.
There are STACKS of videos in the "Exhaust Thread". I think it's stickied bud. I owe you one for the HIDs. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSRSXUx9Q4k

ha ha thanks i'll pm you if i have anymore Q's about it! But lets wait till you get them and try them out before you actuall owe me one;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back