Viper Spec T56 WOT Shifting Question

Carlwalski

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:rock:

Well I know you can do it but being as these trucks are too nice to go out and power-shift everyday I was told and saw this blurb on a Mopar site about the T56. I have heard you can power-shift these transmissions (Viper Spec) at WOT at any rpm and they don't effect it's longevity or harm it in anyway, basically, made to do it?

http://www.xvmotorsports.com/news/news_display1.cfm?id=7 Quote: "The transmission pictured is an upgraded Viper Spec T-56, with triple cone synchros to allow high RPM shifting at wide open throttle." what are the synchros like on our trucks in stock form, are they the same or are these transmissions XV are using, as they state, "upgraded"? :dontknow:

More curious than anything. I know with time most transmissions start to eat themselves from WOT shifting. I'm fine with speed shifting as IMO it's a not worth power-shifting on a the street for that extra 0.05 difference (or what ever it is) but if I knew the trans could take it I wouldn't feel so bad doing it every once and a while. Track racing, definitely.

Cheers lads,
Carl

The trans. in the Reg. Cab SRT-10s are the same as in the Viper Car. It's the clutch Master/Slave Cylinder that is different (weak). Upgrade to the Viper Master/Slave, and all should be well. :)

Black1 said:
The trans. in the Reg. Cab SRT-10s are the same as in the Viper Car. It's the clutch Master/Slave Cylinder that is different (weak). Upgrade to the Viper Master/Slave, and all should be well. :)

Do you have a part # or link to such a complete kit? :dontknow: :)
I tried searching the forum but no specs on these trucks' transmissions could be found. :( Just wanting to know about the syncs.

Thanks! ;)

NZ440R/T said:
Do you have a part # or link to such a complete kit? :dontknow: :)
I tried searching the forum but no specs on these trucks' transmissions could be found. :( Just wanting to know about the syncs.

Thanks! ;)

Any of the vendors on this forum can supply you with the Viper Master and Slave cylinder parts. :) Avondale or The Mopar Connection come to mind....

As far as specs on the T-56... I'm sure someone will chime in soon enough, that is MUCH smarter than I am. :D :p :eek:

You can power shift the t-56 just will not last long with stock internals. I have upgraded mine with carbon fiber blocker rings and steel shift forks which the vipers already come with.

Carl, the stock clutch and hydrolics are the weak part of the system. Upgrading is a must eventually. Like Black1, somebody smarter than me will chime in about the synchros.

patrick

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back