Viper Technicians

BigBlackQC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question for everyone, actually originated from "Prof".

Is there a way to determine which dealerships have Viper Techs?

And also...

What is the certification requirements for Viper Techs, or is it just a designation that they are given? Meaning are there special class requirements for them or is the most senior tech or something given the responsibility of being the Viper Tech?

Thanks to all!

you can ask to see there certifications at any dealer...just ask. there are special requirements and courses for them. we have 2 viper techs. 1 does drivetrain, and the other does body and electrical. Most heavy line techs dont do electrical so it is important to find out if that dealer has a viper tech in electrical and body. (this excludes ram srt-10). hope this helps

It’s my understanding that there is specialized training required from the factory specific to all viper vehicles. All training must be completed before a tech can be titled as a viper tech. As far as the dealers I believe first of all they need to be a five star dealer to be able to order new viper vehicles from the factory. A five star level dealer is suppose to have all the special tools and properly trained techs on hand to work on vipers. I’m sure there is more to it. I don’t think all dealers follow all the requirements and some get away with it. I hope this helps answer some of your guest ions.

Smokin Joe

bucke77 said:
you can ask to see there certifications at any dealer...just ask. there are special requirements and courses for them. we have 2 viper techs. 1 does drivetrain, and the other does body and electrical. Most heavy line techs dont do electrical so it is important to find out if that dealer has a viper tech in electrical and body. (this excludes ram srt-10). hope this helps

Sorry bucke77.... Looks like you beat me to the draw.

Smokin Joe

Any dodge dealer can order a viper its not specific to 5 star dealers only. Special tools are not ordered by the dealer every tool is automatically shipped to each dealer. Chrylser ships them and bills them, they don't have a choice. If you want to order a viper you must have a viper tech registered to your store.

Dan Cragin was a Viper/tech when it all started. He was even written-up in the L.A. Times, (on his Viper skills) more than once.

About Dan Cragin and DC Performance: Home of the Viper Shop!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DC Performance is #1 in Viper Specialty Sales and Service!

Since the introduction of the Dodge Viper in 1992, The DC Performance Inc.has taken great pride in providing its customers with the quality sales and service they deserve. Dan Cragin, factory trained Viper Technician, offers customers one-on-one assistance and answers to numerous technical questions. Whether your needs are high performance upgrades, service, or sales, DC Performance can help you.

A word from Dan:

My name is Dan Cragin, and I have been closely associated with the Dodge Viper in every technical way since its introduction in 1992. Thanks to Team Viper, my association with several California Clubs as a technical consultant, Chrysler Factory training, road race and drag strip experience, I have been afforded the opportunity to personally work on several hundred Vipers since its inception. This unique experience has positioned me among the top five Dodge Viper technical experts in North America, allowing me to develop a comprehensive line of performance products and accessories to meet the needs of the Viper owner.

Dan Cragin
President
DC Performance Inc.

3370 S. Livonia Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90034
Tel: 310-841-6996
Fax: 310-841-6496
Toll Free: 800-841-8979

Quick

Our dealership has two of them. The first time I brought the truck in I asked to meet the one who would be working on my truck. He called back to the shop right then and had him come out to meet me. Then, while there were working on my truck, they let me come back to the service area and watch what he was doing. Very cool in my book. Special classes, and certifications should be on file. Get to know your tech!!!

Stretch

Smokin Joe said:
As far as the dealers I believe first of all they need to be a five star dealer to be able to order new viper vehicles from the factory. A five star level dealer is suppose to have all the special tools and properly trained techs on hand to work on vipers. I’m sure there is more to it. I don’t think all dealers follow all the requirements and some get away with it. I hope this helps answer some of your guest ions.

Smokin Joe

This is what my dealer told me. They are not a 5 star dealer.

patrick

Smokin Joe said:
It’s my understanding that there is specialized training required from the factory specific to all viper vehicles. All training must be completed before a tech can be titled as a viper tech. As far as the dealers I believe first of all they need to be a five star dealer to be able to order new viper vehicles from the factory. A five star level dealer is suppose to have all the special tools and properly trained techs on hand to work on vipers. I’m sure there is more to it. I don’t think all dealers follow all the requirements and some get away with it. I hope this helps answer some of your guest ions.

Smokin Joe
All dealers do not follow the requirements - My OLD dealer is a "5 star" POS dealer that hasn't got a clue .... :dontknow: :mad:

I don't know if my dealership even has a star but they have a level four viper tech. At least that's how he was described to me.:dontknow: I was told that he was hired away from another dealership. So far he seem to know his stuff. I think my truck is the only viper he gets to work on anymore.

The dealership that I bought my '06 Ram quad cab from is SRT certified. They occasionally get a Viper or two in a year and currently have an SRT quad cab. I didnt think about asking if they have a Viper tech. There location (Limon, CO...2 hours east of denver) wouldnt suggest they get a lot of Viper or SRT customers (farm country). I'll have to ask when I go back in.

SilvrSRT10 said:
I don't know if my dealership even has a star but they have a level four viper tech. At least that's how he was described to me.:dontknow: I was told that he was hired away from another dealership. So far he seem to know his stuff. I think my truck is the only viper he gets to work on anymore.
If they refer to him as "Bam Bam", he used to be in northern Florida and he is super good! Ask anyone from North Florida!

Prof said:
If they refer to him as "Bam Bam", he used to be in northern Florida and he is super good! Ask anyone from North Florida!
I'll check but I don't think he's from there. I believe he was hired away from a Raleigh/Durham dealership but don't know positively. I've tried to talk to him a little but he's got a quiet personality. Or maybe it's because his mouth is so full of chewing tobacco that he can't talk. :dontknow: He's taken care of all the little problems I've discovered with the truck so far.

Doesn't sound like Bam Bam...he is a young strapping guy that is well spoken and very clean cut...he is in the Carolina's somewhere...anyone know where?

He is as good as they come...he was deeply involved in the clutch, master/slave, flywheel solution for the OEM clutch problem...

Prof said:
Doesn't sound like Bam Bam...he is a young strapping guy that is well spoken and very clean cut...he is in the Carolina's somewhere...anyone know where?

He is as good as they come...he was deeply involved
Easy Prof, I thought your tastes were for Amy?!

Attachments

• ani.bmp
    20.7 KB · Views: 43
Bone said:
Easy Prof, I thought your tastes were for Amy?!
Everyone young is "strapping" when you get as old as me. And I do lust for Amy, but she is probably 45 years younger than me!

Guess I need to get back to Roe Racing for my monthly dose of Spinner viewing...sorry, Amy and I have hijacked the thread again...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back