viper truck and car t56 tail section is the same?

RagunCajun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to know if the srt10 ram single cab's t56 tail section is the same as the gen 2 viper car's.

Reason is i need one. I cracked mine launching at the track. I had it welded. And 10 min ago i learned the weld didnt hold. It leaks. So i need to buy a new one.

Anyone know where i can get it? I'm going to call D&D monday morning and see what they have to order. I already called Tick Performance who built my trans(stronger/better internals) and they only carry F-body tail sections which are $299.:mad:

my t56 is out of a gen 2 viper car.

Last edited:
This is to help potential future search function users.

I called d&d performance. They are gen 2 viper car specific. They are also obsolete.

This is to help potential future search function users.

I called d&d performance. They are gen 2 viper car specific. They are also obsolete.

What is your plan for repairing your current issue?

Car on the left, truck on the right. Both have the viper logo cast in them, they look identical except for the yoke bushing. Maybe have a car version machined for the truck yoke? Denny's driveshaft sells a chrome moly car yoke which is another possibility.

39002 Mark Williams Enterprises 1350 Series Chrome Moly Mopar Slip Yoke for Dodge 727 Automatic Transmission and A833 Manual Transmissions with 30 spline output 39002

20140922_193949_zps2206b51c.jpg

Car on the left, truck on the right. Both have the viper logo cast in them, they look identical except for the yoke bushing. Maybe have a car version machined for the truck yoke? Denny's driveshaft sells a chrome moly car yoke which is another possibility.

39002 Mark Williams Enterprises 1350 Series Chrome Moly Mopar Slip Yoke for Dodge 727 Automatic Transmission and A833 Manual Transmissions with 30 spline output 39002

20140922_193949_zps2206b51c.jpg

This new guy is 100% correct ^^^ :rock:
Welcome, it's not only the yoke bushing, but also the entire output shaft and yoke. Bigger and better in our trucks vs any T56 out there. Only exception and I don't know for a fact, is the Chevy SSR. Supposedly it shares our output shaft and yoke barrel diameter.

Last edited:
This new guy is 100% correct ^^^ :rock:
Welcome, it's not only the yoke bushing, but also the entire output shaft and yoke. Bigger and better in our trucks vs any T56 out there. Only exception and I don't know for a fact, is the Chevy SSR. Supposedly it shares our output shaft and yoke barrel diameter.

True, forgot to mention that, the yoke I posted about is for the bigger SRT10 output shaft combined with the car tailhousing.

I'm running a car tailhousing on a truck T56, why? I needed a new tailhousing for my truck T56, had some trouble locating one, finally found one, but when it arrived it was a car one. Seller thought they were both the same, made the best of a bad situation and used the chrome moly slip yoke which fits both the car tailhousing and the bigger truck output shaft.

My t56 is from the gen 2 car, NOT the truck. I already have the viper car yoke as I had to get a custom drive shaft made for it to fit in my lightning.

I'm going have it welded again and hope for the best. Its all I can do until I find a replacement.

Ima pull the trans when I get home in a couple hours then prepare the housing to be welded. I'm getting way too good at installing and pulling a t56 :(

If anyone comes across a car tail housing for the gen 2 in the future, please shoot me a pm. Should be pretty cheap. Hell, I picked up this t56 off eBay for $1500 shipped.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back