volant cold ram air kit

sneaky snake

Reaction score
does the volant cold ram air kit really help out on the power for the srt-10??? i have a chance to buy 1 really cheap.... are the really worth the money?

We normally joke that cold air intakes are really warm air intakes!! If there is any ram air effect, it would be above 40 mph. If you like the look and are getting a good price, why not? The intake sound is what improves the most. My K&N CAI sounds great, but I don't think there is much if any HP gains.:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

If you want looks and sound buy the CAI from JMB....best looking CAI on here.......if you are interested in power only keep the stock setup and install a K&N cone diesel filter.....the stock setup is the best CAI out there for cool air...

Larry, do you have the K&N number for that diesel filter?

FastRam said:
Larry, do you have the K&N number for that diesel filter?

The # is K&N 0776 ( K&N link http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=E-0776 ) ...........you do need to make one small modification for it to fit....the plastic piece where the crank vent hose fits to the top of the box needs to be trimmed about 1/8"...see below..

010-2.jpg

Looking down in the box...

009-1.jpg

Killer mod, thank you!!! Just did mine today. I took a little more than an 1/8th off of mine to make sure the vented air could pass, but it fits great!:rock: :rock:

TNVIPER said:
The # is K&N 0776 ( K&N link http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=E-0776 ) ...........you do need to make one small modification for it to fit....the plastic piece where the crank vent hose fits to the top of the box needs to be trimmed about 1/8"...see below..

010-2.jpg

009-1.jpg

HaroldD said:
Killer mod, thank you!!! Just did mine today. I took a little more than an 1/8th off of mine to make sure the vented air could pass, but it fits great!:rock: :rock:

This is an overlooked alternative to the flat panel drop in....found this by accident...

TNVIPER said:

010-2.jpg

009-1.jpg
Once you install the filter, you put back on the factory box cover right?

Nope, just more air when needed. Compliments a TB, exhaust, and flash.

joemags54 said:
Does this mod impact the computer or throw a code?:dontknow:

doing trhe trim and installing the diesel filter sounds good. What about a smooth pipe from filter box to throttle body to smooth airflow? Anyone make one?

Phil

A few months ago, truckin magazine said the volant dynoed at 28 horsepower or some shit on our tens and did an article on install.....I posted some of the info. Don't think anyone believes it though, I know I don't but that's what they said.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back