VPRPWRD's build thread

Looks nice Andy, great to see your still enjoying it, you need black grills........lol

Looks nice Andy, great to see your still enjoying it, you need black grills........lol

I already have them in, just didn't update the thread to that point yet. ;)

I then added a set of black street scene grilles.

Exterior mods are complete to my satisfaction at this point. At this time I installed my V1R UD pulley which complete my performance mods to this point. This brought a happy day in the progress of this truck. For under $500 in performance mods and weight reduction I ran my first 12 sec. 1/4 mile, 12.87 @ 107 mph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1no4swZ9Zqo&list=UUEsMsFATkTJq3k-BM26PfAg

Plans are in the works for further performance mods as money and time allow.

Since everybody else is posting about their winter projects, I might as well post my progress so far. My truck hit 30k miles and it is also 11 years old now, so I decided to tune it up with new Champion plugs, AM Performance wires and Tony's coils.

Then I figured if I already have the intake off, why not have it powdercoated, and how much more time would it take to pull the valve covers and send them to powdercoating too, and the throttle body and the fuel rails. Well, needless to say they are all done and I have one sneak peek of what's to come.

This is where I went a little overkill and my attention to detail got the best of me. I painted all of the bolts for the intake, throttle body, fuel rails and valve covers the same color as the truck.

The install should be wrapped up this weekend and I will get to drive the truck one more time before winter gets here. I will post some more updated pics as the progress happens.

Looking good boss! Doing similar on a customers Yellow Fever. Those little things make a huge difference overall. :rock:
image.jpg

Last edited:
Really good looking valve covers Andy. They look very sinister. :evil:

Almost there! I just have to finish painting the bolts tonight and finish bolting everything on.

Don't bother, I already have your address. :D

Don't send them the same way you sent the virus that I never got, I was really looking forward to that. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back