VTCOA Moderator Position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black1 said:
I can't agree more... :) If either of these fine gentleman accept nomination, I will concede...... Happily. :)
i agree with you Jake.:rock: :rock:

With the number of folks we have on here and at the rate the it's growing, go ahead and recruit a couple moderators. Another thought is an East coaster and a West coaster to cover different time zones. Don't know if that ones of any real importance but food for thought. We do have some night owls on here.

Thanks for the nomination...It's very humbling and I appreciate the trust.....

But I'm afraid I must decline.....

I don't believe that I possess the temperment ..... I'm also way too conservative for most of our members....

Django

Last edited:
05BLACKVIPER said:
well then silverback it is.:rock:

look, he`s thinking about it.

images.jpg

You are obviously very confused 05.:confused: I'm not thinking about it in that picture.:dontknow: The shutter clicked just a micro-second before I flipped you the F'ing Bird.;) :D :)

Now to be serious for a minute.

Once again I'm honored to be considered and nominated by this fine group of Ladies and Gentlemen. And I really mean that.

My problem as most of you are aware is the amount of time I am currently spending at work. From the time I step out the door, to the time I get home it's usually at least 12 hours, sometimes 14, and in the case of this Friday it will probably be 16+.

I never undertake any task unless I can do it to the best of my ability, and I would not be able to do it at this time.

Once again, thank you all.

Hello friends...
I cant nominate anyone..
I havent meet any of you and i havent been her that long....

So i am out of this one.....

Peace

Stefan....:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

No no no I must decline too, Thank you all for the nomination : P lol

I'd nominate the D if anyone but he doesn't seem to want the spot.

Azmal for Prez, fuggers!

Having been a mod on the NFF and PT.net I would advise anyone thinking of becoming a mod to consider these things:
1. You have to have the time to read every post on every thread every day. Sure you will have other mods helping you, but you still need to do it.
2. You need computer skills. You will need to help people with their accounts, move threads, delete threads, etc...
3. Be prepared for people who never post to contact you via PM for various reasons. Lots of people read the board but never post. They will however contact you if they need help or get offended.
4. Because of #3 you have to be able to perform your job as a moderator. So even though you didn't find something offensive you might still need to intervene on someone else's behalf. (Even if you don't like them.)
5. You might not realize it now but once you are a mod you essentially start representing the site. Therefore you have to conduct yourself accordingly. You will constantly find yourself questioning your own posts because of this. At least I did as I wanted to set a good example and find a even balance of mostly productive posts with a little bit of Ho'ing thrown in.

So just take those things into consideration before volunteering for the mod position. It will help you out in the long run.

Smoke

FlyingLow said:
Having been a mod on the NFF and PT.net I would advise anyone thinking of becoming a mod to consider these things:
1. You have to have the time to read every post on every thread every day. Sure you will have other mods helping you, but you still need to do it.
2. You need computer skills. You will need to help people with their accounts, move threads, delete threads, etc...
3. Be prepared for people who never post to contact you via PM for various reasons. Lots of people read the board but never post. They will however contact you if they need help or get offended.
4. Because of #3 you have to be able to perform your job as a moderator. So even though you didn't find something offensive you might still need to intervene on someone else's behalf. (Even if you don't like them.)
5. You might not realize it now but once you are a mod you essentially start representing the site. Therefore you have to conduct yourself accordingly. You will constantly find yourself questioning your own posts because of this. At least I did as I wanted to set a good example and find a even balance of mostly productive posts with a little bit of Ho'ing thrown in.

So just take those things into consideration before volunteering for the mod position. It will help you out in the long run.

Smoke

Good points, Scott. :) You forgot the major one tho.... Telling someone that is your friend that he/she needs to cool down, or edit their post (because it may have offended someone else)... or even, God forbid... Ban someone. :( People that have never done this before don't realize what that does to someone that is a Mod. But, when it has to be done.... when all other options in the situation have failed... taking action really taxes you. You just have to hope that, when the "out-of-line party" cools down, they will understand why you did what you did (or, what the SITE wanted you to do). :dontknow: It's a tough job, no doubt...........

Black1 said:
Good points, Scott. :) You forgot the major one tho.... Telling someone that is your friend that he/she needs to cool down, or edit their post (because it may have offended someone else)... or even, God forbid... Ban someone. :( People that have never done this before don't realize what that does to someone that is a Mod. But, when it has to be done.... when all other options in the situation have failed... taking action really taxes you. You just have to hope that, when the "out-of-line party" cools down, they will understand why you did what you did (or, what the SITE wanted you to do). :dontknow: It's a tough job, no doubt...........
well said Jake.:)

Yeah I think Jake would do a good job but let's put it to a vote. Vote 1 for Jake and 2 if you don't want him.......Hahahahahahaaa!!:D

TheSickness said:
Ok time to be serious here...After careful consideration and having put alot of thought into this. I say the best person for the job has to even tempered, have the ability to not be a Assclown like me:D Must be well respected and have a place of honor umungst the people here universally. A person who has been a site ambassador from the very beginning, someone that has honor, and above all is a very Moderate and intelligent person. Not to mention he is liked by everyone because this helps alot :D Therefore I would nominate Iltemprd aka Shawn Mahon.............If anyone deserves the honor of serving this community more I will eat Jack's sweaty Caftan :eek: ...............:p
Thanks Mike...you guys remember that movie where the head mafia guy "makes" one of the up and coming mafia guys and to celebrate this they already made Post Ho's, I mean mafia guys take him out to a corn field and beat the hell out of him with base ball bats and leave him for dead? Dont know what made me think of this :D ..anyway, I'm in... Thanks for the nominations.:eek:

Iltemprd said:
Thanks Mike...you guys remember that movie where the head mafia guy "makes" one of the up and coming mafia guys and to celebrate this they already made Post Ho's, I mean mafia guys take him out to a corn field and beat the hell out of him with base ball bats and leave him for dead? Dont know what made me think of this :D ..anyway, I'm in... Thanks for the nominations.:eek:

Excellent.... I respectfully concede, as promised. :)

Good luck, my friend. I couldn't think of a better place to be a Mod. :)

Iltemprd said:
Get your ass back in here!!..no need Jake, your an excellent choice bud.

I said I concede... I didn't say I didn't still want the job. ;) Maybe they are looking for more than one person. :dontknow:

Thanks for the complement, Shawn... means a lot from a person of your character. :rock:

Last edited:
My problem as most of you are aware is the amount of time I am currently spending at work. From the time I step out the door, to the time I get home it's usually at least 12 hours, sometimes 14, and in the case of this Friday it will probably be 16+.

You work way to hard!

I'm somewhat embarrassed to register my opinion here, with such a low post count, but I read quietly and faithfully ("better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt").

Prof is your man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back