Walbro In tank pump

tdamon30

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm replacing my Paxton split second controller box, FCU and twin helper pumps for a Walbro 450 in tank pump. Anyone got some pics, wiring or tips on installing a single in tank pump?

That's very covenant that you are doing this swap. I purchase a 450 from Torrie last week and just ordered a Magna Fuel regulator today from Summit.

What are you using for a regulator? And make sure you post a bunch of pics to make it easier for me:rock:

I just had a tune from him on Thursday, the Paxton helper pumps weren't working correctly and had no way to control them. He wanted to try making a hit on the dyno without them, but decided to just ditch them for a bigger in tank pump. I'm assuming that I'm using the OEM regulator at the tank because he made no mention of it.

I'm going to email him and make sure before I tear it down.

**I just spoke to him, he says he didn't think I'd need it.**

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Let me know how it goes. I was just concerned that the stock regulator could not handle the flow at low power and idle.

The stock regulator cannot handle the extra psi. It will go. Mines did. Plus at full boost and high rpm I was loosing fuel pressure. I think the stock fuel lines couldnt keep up with the bigger injectors. I got bigger fuel lines and rails with 2 aeromotive 340 pumps and external fuel pressure regulator. I have no more fuel problems .

The stock regulator cannot handle the extra psi. It will go. Mines did. Plus at full boost and high rpm I was loosing fuel pressure. I think the stock fuel lines couldnt keep up with the bigger injectors. I got bigger fuel lines and rails with 2 aeromotive 340 pumps and external fuel pressure regulator. I have no more fuel problems .
Hmmm.... How high of boost you running? My whole fuel system is stock with the exception of bigger injectors and two in tank walboros and am able to run 10-13 psi. Bought the dual walboro kit from roe racing.

Hmmm.... How high of boost you running? My whole fuel system is stock with the exception of bigger injectors and two in tank walboros and am able to run 10-13 psi. Bought the dual walboro kit from roe racing.

I am only pushing 6lbs.. I dont know why it went maybe I was beating it up too much. I would loose fuel pressure at full boost and high rpm too. I just upgraded everything to prepare for my next round of mods.

I am only pushing 6lbs.. I dont know why it went maybe I was beating it up too much. I would loose fuel pressure at full boost and high rpm too. I just upgraded everything to prepare for my next round of mods.

Usually a sign that the fuel pump is inadequate. Steve (santeen had the same issue and we put in the same system I have and it fixed it. He was running the Paxton also.

I think Torrie wanted to try and use what I have. I'd rather it be too much fuel than not enough, and that's where I am with it right now. The Paxton twins are boosting too much with no way to control them.

I'm replacing the in tank and retuning, if I need to add a better FPR, I will.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back