Want a Non OEM rear sway bar for RAM SRT-10 Reg. Cab

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sigma-Wildcat, Nov 11, 2020.

Car Parts
  1. Psycho1122

Psycho1122 Full Access Member

RC's do not have overload springs. The leaf pack has a "slapper" leaf for traction. With poly leaf bushings and a larger snubber to "preload" slapper, traction is improved significantly. However, there is a trade off in suspention compliance. The ride out back is stiffer and can "bounce" over road irregularities. This can reduce confidence and stability in the rear of the truck though bumpy curves. Big snubber bushing is great at the strip, bad on the street.

Re; the trucks "rake". Low looks "cool" and there are benefits to a lower center of gravity. If the truck is lowered, you will also need to correct the sway bar links to keep the ends parallel with the ground. Lowering the back to "level" the truck WILL have a negative aero effect. A "slight" rake will create a low pressure area out back, under the truck. As the air comes under the front splitter, past the chin "tray" underneath the front, the air will then GRADUALLY expand and slow down as it passes towards the back end. This is where the low pressure area occurs and creates "suction" which pulls air through "faster". Take this slight rake away and the truck will slow down and loose top speed. So, when lowering, keep two things in mind. Keep the slight rake AND be sure to maintain travel. About 3" up and 2" down to keep compliance for road irregularities. Otherwise, when you push the truck, it will bounce and jounce you into a ditch!! ;)

Cheers!

2. Srt10650

Srt10650 Full Access Member

You have a Regular Cab correct? If so your leaf springs are already underneath/flipped. RC also don’t have the overload spring, only QC had it for the extra weight when towing. I would try either some belltech lowering/adjustable shackles or some lowering blocks. I would also swap out my bushings to poly urethane bushings, that will definitely tighten things up. Don’t know how many miles you have on the truck, but if your up there on the miles I would also rebuild/replace your suspension parts.

3. Srt10650

Srt10650 Full Access Member

96indyshaker, when you get a chance please read my previous post. That should answer some of your questions.