Warning for Florida drivers...

SRTcracka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give everyone, that drives in Florida, a heads up on the all out assault on window tint right now from the Florida Highway Patrol. I know this from experience...unfortunately! :damnmate:

Got a ticket the other day cause I had 5% all around....the law is 28% on the front two windows, and 15% on all the others...also, nothing past the AS1 line. The guy that retinted my windows said that they are coming in by the droves. He talked to a FHP officer the other day, and he confirmed that they are focusing on window tint this year....epsecially early in the year. Last year it was trailer lights/tags/etc., this year it's tint. The ticket is a non-moving violation with a price of $70.50.

Casey

What is the factory tint on the back, side windows on the QC's???
My front windows match my back windows. :eek:

Thanks for the heads-up!!

ntw0rk said:

I believe the back is 20%

ntw0rk said:

I think they're around 28%...my back window has factory tint now, and 28% on front..can't tell much difference between the two.

No prob!

SRTcracka said:
I think they're around 28%...my back window has factory tint now, and 28% on front..can't tell much difference between the two.

No prob!

Sounds good to me!!

Thanks!

Hrmmm...because there aren't better things for them to do

How about a uninsured motorist crack down, illegal aliens, drug dealers......murderes, rapists....the list goes on and on...but apparently those pesky window tint havers are the real scum of the earth

wesman said:

How about a uninsured motorist crack down, illegal aliens, drug dealers......murderes, rapists....the list goes on and on...but apparently those pesky window tint havers are the real scum of the earth

No money to be made there. There was a CHP bike cop who used to sit outside the dealership where I work and write tickets for window tint and no front license plates all day. Protect and serve, eh?

wesman said:

I hear ya brother!!:banghead:

wesman said:

Tell me about it... sounds like cops from Iowa (my home state), they have absolutley nothing better to do than harrass motorists....

I was back there several years ago... I had legal AZ tint (anything goes on the rear and rear doors, and up to 33% for front, and anything for visor bar on front window)

Anywho, I was driving around at legal speed limits, and a po-po going the opposite direction, whipped around and pulled me over...

He proceeded to come to my window, and asked do you know why pulled you over... I said I have no idea... he said cuz you have no front license plate and too dark of windows...

I replied.. Officer with all do respect, when you pulled up behind me.. did you take notice of the state I am from... he said no.... and went around the back of the car... and calmy came up with a sheepish look on his face, and your from Arizona (I wanted to say... WELLLLL DUH!!!!) but I kept my cool... he then said you guys must have different laws in AZ, I said you bet we do... then he told me to go on my way...

I soooooo badly wanted to turn him in for harrassment...

bunch of damn nazis. hope they don't do it around here.

azpyroguy said:
I replied.. Officer with all do respect, when you pulled up behind me.. did you take notice of the state I am from... he said no.... and went around the back of the car... and calmy came up with a sheepish look on his face, and your from Arizona (I wanted to say... WELLLLL DUH!!!!) but I kept my cool... he then said you guys must have different laws in AZ, I said you bet we do... then he told me to go on my way...

ROFL!

i was in exactly the same situation recently - pulled over out of state - and the cop didn't like it when i pointed out that he couldn't nail me for tint. he gave me a complete b.s. C&R ticket instead.

Most reputable tint shops will only put on the legal shade.... I'm not sure about FL, but the states I've lived in ticket shops up to $10K PER violation for putting on more than legal tint.

It's your own fault if you try use more than the law permits. Thanks for the heads-up tho.... I know mine is 28% in the front. I watched him take it out of the new roll.

ntw0rk said:

Ditto for me, Tried to get the front to match the back.My wifes honda has some DARK ass tint all around too.See a cop around open up a window or sunroof if equipped and let some light in!! Thanks for the heads up.:D

Most shops here in AZ if you pay em with cash, and get no receipt they will do whatever you want.... most will even tint your entire front windshield.....

And if you have a note from your eye doctor you can have darker tint also... unless its like my eye doctor who is a moron who wants to sell me sunglasses instead.... so I am switching doctors.

azpyroguy said:
Most shops here in AZ if you pay em with cash, and get no receipt they will do whatever you want.... most will even tint your entire front windshield.....
Same here... :dito:

In Florida, last year my wife got pulled over and the patrol man gave her a lot of grief becaUSE WE HAD A SLIGHTLY, tinted license plate cover on the rear, and he told her to have it off in 24 hours or they would give her a ticket.....BUT a lot of senior people now drive around with the little trailer lifts on their back bumpers that hold their motorized scooters and you can't even see the license plate and in many cases you can't even see the taillights, why do they let this happen ???!!!

Pastohio said:
BUT a lot of senior people now drive around with the little trailer lifts on their back bumpers that hold their motorized scooters and you can't even see the license plate and in many cases you can't even see the taillights, why do they let this happen ???!!!
AARP $$$$

but alot of there cars are blacked out, just like they can speed but we cant. complete bullshit

hehehe^

A few years ago I was pulled over by a Statie who had the darkened windows, He came up to the door and did the same routine- "Do ya know why I pulled you over?" No I don't.... "For tinted windows" You're kidding me right? "No- DL-Reg-Ins please" No problem- When he sat back is car I proceeded to get out of mine- walked to his and started taking pictures with a digital camera... "What are you doing ?! Get back in your vehicle" Sorry sir, you have my documents I am not leaving anywhere and if I am to recieve a summons for tint, then I want my lawyer prepared for my defense- seems to my untrained eyes that YOUR tint is even darker than mine........

LOL

I had a nice day with no summons recieved....

in the uk the cops make you pull your tinted window film off by the side of the road. if you hesitate they will get a rig out and tow it to the police compound.

can you belive that shit

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back