Warranty questions

Lottotruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I continue my search for the perfect Ram SRT-10 Quad Cab, what warranties came on the 2005 and 2006? Were they the same?

I realize that pretty much any 2005 is going to be out of the 3/36000 warranty and the 2006's may still have some coverage left. But, what about the 7/70,000 powertrain deal. Was that available in both years or only 2005?

If I'm not mistaken, the 7/70,000 requires that it can only be transferred from the original owner. Is that true for both years?

I'm sure if I bought a 2006 with remaining factory 3/36,000, than I can purchase a Chrysler Extended Service contract called Maximumcare for full coverage, if I so desire.

It seems like warranty should be a consideration after reading some of your posts about blown motors. I'm sure, in most cases, they weren't being driven softly when that happens!;)

Thanks in advance for your help!

As I understand it, none of the SRT vehicles come with the 7/70 powertrain warranty, just the 3/36 on the powertrain. I believe that an extended warranty purchased separately can be used to cover the powertrain though.

I also got the extended warranty when I bought mine. I paid around $2,000 for it

I have the 3/36.. but my brother bought his 06 in 07 and they gave him the 7/70.

I have the 3/36.. but my brother bought his 06 in 07 and they gave him the 7/70.

I didn't think there would've been "leftovers" when these trucks came out. But, I guess anything is possible!

I kinda like the 2005 better for the full bench seat, the look of the front end and I thought they came with the 7/70,000 (but I can understand why Dodge wouldn't want to do that!:burnout: ). But, if the 2006, comes with the balance of the 3/36,000, maybe that's the way to go...?:dontknow:

My 2006 came with the 3/36 and the extended coverage I paid for takes it out to 7/70. I bought my truck new but when I was looking at used ones, I inquired about extended coverage. The dealers I talked with offered the coverage but we never made it too far in the deals to talk about cost for an extended warranty on a used vehicle.

Also, you can do a search on here. I recall seeing a separate thread that discussed warranty coverages and extended service plans, options, costs, pros/cons, etc.

To the best of my knowledge the only way you would get 7/70 is if you purchased it..It was not part of the factory warrenty. Either way, it is a good idea to purchase the Max Care from Chrysler. I have been working for
Chrysler since 2005, and I will say that max care covers just about anything that can go wrong......not including certain mods.....

Most won't like the programmers and most won't mind the exhaust, but one thing is for sure... They are all different and you will want to talk to you service manager before you get too crazy...

Remember the dealer/company has to prove the mod caused the problem before they deny the claim. My advice would be to lose the program/mod'ed ECM (B&G for example) if going in for warranty work that involves the ECM, which is basically most anything these days. Exhaust/header (w/cats in place and O2's) and CAI's shouldn't be a big deal to the dealers, at least IMO.

Radio warranty ,,i just replaced my radio from a rb4 to a rb1 ,i have a prob with my sub amp ,before i swapped radios ,i plan on taking it in next weekend ...will they know i had a rb4 instead of the rb1 ,,,half the 05s came with rb1 half came with rb4 ,,at least that what i was told ,,,any ideas out there

Last edited:
Ironhead said:
anyone???

I am not sure on this but I think your vehicle may need a flash update for the front control module and CAN bus to recognize (properly) the new radio and its compatibility with the sub. I assume the 05's use a similar setup, e.g. FCM and CAN bus, as the 06's.

Ironhead said:
Radio warranty ,,i just replaced my radio from a rb4 to a rb1 ,i have a prob with my sub amp ,before i swapped radios ,i plan on taking it in next weekend ...will they know i had a rb4 instead of the rb1 ,,,half the 05s came with rb1 half came with rb4 ,,at least that what i was told ,,,any ideas out there
YES they will... send me your vin and I'll see about changing it for ya... where did you get the radio?

FastRam said:
I am not sure on this but I think your vehicle may need a flash update for the front control module and CAN bus to recognize (properly) the new radio and its compatibility with the sub. I assume the 05's use a similar setup, e.g. FCM and CAN bus, as the 06's.

thanks dude i will just reinstall rb4 and re set ecm back to stock with my sct just in case ..i cant undue the jbm mids and high flows ,,,guess i will see lol

TheMoparConnection said:
YES they will... send me your vin and I'll see about changing it for ya... where did you get the radio?

YOU DA MAN ,,,PM sent ,,,Thanks dude:rock:

i got radio from a guy off ebay he had it in a jeep grand cherokee 04 or 05 i think ,,,do you need numbers off radio

and does anyone have a part number for a set up to put an aux plug hook up on a rb1 ,,,i dont have an ipod ,,,but i have an ipod shuffle that uses the aux plug like a mp3 player

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back