Watches?

Do you wear a watch?

• Total voters
jelms said:
Doesn't the band tear out the hair on your wrist:dontknow: You seem to have an ample amount:D

I can only wear leather bands:(

-jeff

Have you ever tried a Rolex (or other highline) metal watch bracelet? The tolerances in between the links is tight enough that it doesn't pull hair. :) Unless, you have REALLY fine arm hair. :dontknow: :eek: They aren't like your Grandpa's metal elastic bands anymore. :D

that's true...neither of my invictas pull out my hair, but my esq does...and even though i like the couple wengers i have, they are terrible for yankin out arm hair....

i can only imagine how good the rolex/omega/tags must be...

viperhauler said:
that's true...neither of my invictas pull out my hair, but my esq does...and even though i like the couple wengers i have, they are terrible for yankin out arm hair....

i can only imagine how good the rolex/omega/tags must be...

It depends on the design of the links and the construction as well... some bracelets "look" cool, but their design just pulls the shit outta yer hair. Some don't. :eek:

Black1 said:
Have you ever tried a Rolex (or other highline) metal watch bracelet? The tolerances in between the links is tight enough that it doesn't pull hair. :) Unless, you have REALLY fine arm hair. :dontknow: :eek: They aren't like your Grandpa's metal elastic bands anymore. :D

Never have tried a rolex. I have a nice one from Kenneth Cole I like a lot and wear all the time. I guess I could try metal again on the next one and see how it goes.

I would not even come lose to having fine arm hair:eek:

-jeff

jelms said:
Never have tried a rolex. I have a nice one from Kenneth Cole I like a lot and wear all the time. I guess I could try metal again on the next one and see how it goes.

I would not even come lose to having fine arm hair:eek:

-jeff

Ken Cole makes some great looking style watches... Sort of like Bulova. I love my Bulova's style (show below), but it falls into that category of the style of the watch pulling your hair. :eek: Notice there are only three pieces that make up the design of the bracelet? Well, that makes the bend from side to side and creates "pinch points"... this is what pulls your hair. ;) I love the watch so much, I power through the hurt tho... :eek:

prod132006.jpg

Last edited:
On my TAG, you can kinda see from this picture, how close the tolerances are in the links of the bracelet...

tag-carrera-autochrono-brad.gif

.... A good test when your at the store is this: Hold the watch by it's case and turn it on it's side, leaving the bracelet suspended in air. If the bracelet "sags", that means it's built loose and is more prone to pinching you.... if it doesn't sag (they all will, just a little bit), then the bracelet is made with very close tolerances and made very well.... :) Give me a minute, and I'll snap a photo or two, to illustrate what I'm saying. :eek:

EDIT: Nevermind... I forgot all my other watches are packed up and in storage. :eek:

Last edited:
Black1 said:
Ken Cole makes some great looking style watches... Sort of like Bulova. I love my Bulova's style (show below), but it falls into that category of the style of the watch pulling your hair. :eek: Notice there are only three pieces that make up the design of the bracelet? Well, that makes the bend from side to side and creates "pinch points"... this is what pulls your hair. ;) I love the watch so much, I power through the hurt tho... :eek:

prod132006.jpg

I do like a lot of Kenneth Cole lines. I have a ton of his shoes:eek:

Nice looking watch, but I must admit I'm a pretty big pussy when it comes to arm hair pulling:( I can deal with drilling on my teeth, but there is something about that pain I can't take:(

-jeff

Black1 said:
On my TAG, you can kinda see from this picture, how close the tolerances are in the links of the bracelet...

tag-carrera-autochrono-brad.gif

.... A good test when your at the store is this: Hold the watch by it's case and turn it on it's side, leaving the bracelet suspended in air. If the bracelet "sags", that means it's built loose and is more prone to pinching you.... if it doesn't sag (they all will, just a little bit), then the bracelet is made with very close tolerances and made very well.... :) Give me a minute, and I'll snap a photo or two, to illustrate what I'm saying. :eek:

Very good insight Jake. The things you can learn on a Viper Truck site amaze me at times:D

-jeff

I received the watch that I ordered for my son, as advertised! Just thought everyone would like to know that the site is real, and cool!

And the watch came while my son is here! And he LOVES it!! I don't think he has had a watch before, but last night he mentioned becoming a watch aficionado! :D:D That's my boy!

ntw0rk said:
oh man!!

I wasn't planning on spending anymore money! WHY?!?! Why did you show me this site!! http://watch.1saleaday.com/

I have been looking for that Movado at a good price for a while! DAMMIT!!!
because i can;)

people need to be informed...:D

and because it's not only a site that looks cool...but it's legit...and that's even better:rock:

and...

just think of the savings....all my wife needs is justification....:p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back