Watches?

Do you wear a watch?

• Total voters
viperhauler said:
i have a thing for nicer watches...but rolex, breitling, IWC, are out of my range for now...

but i check these almost every day...

www.onesaleaday.com
www.yugster.com

i've bought from both places...

ESQ, swiss legend, movado, invicta, .... all exactly as advertised...NIB...

btw, i almost bought a marine star...the other day, one came up....;)

here's todays... http://watch.1saleaday.com/

That's a REALLY good deal on that Invicta Reserve Excursion. :eek: I haven't even seen them at that price on ShopNBC! :rock: Eyal a cool dude... I've met him way back when he first revived the company. I have lots of Invictas and love them all.... I especially like my Lupa's. They aren't in the same league as a Rolex/TAG/Breitling... but they are really nice for the money. :) I would say "pull the trigger" on that Excursion, Dude... that's a killer deal. Their Reserve collection is top notch, and they are all made in Switzerland by hand. :rock:

Check out Orient and Jacques Lemans too, if you like nice, reasonably priced watches.... ;)

Last edited:
Black1 said:
That's a REALLY good deal on that Invicta Reserve Excursion. :eek: I haven't even seen them at that price on ShopNBC! :rock: Eial a cool dude... I've met him way back when he first revived the company. I have lots of Invictas and love them all.... I especially like my Lupa's. They aren't in the same league as a Rolex/TAG/Breitling... but they are really nice for the money. :) I would say "pull the trigger" on that Excursion, Dude... that's a killer deal. Their Reserve collection is top notch, and they are all made in Switzerland by hand. :rock:

If that Invicta was two tone, it would be coming home to me!!!

ntw0rk said:
If that Invicta was two tone, it would be coming home to me!!!

You need one of these, Bro.... You deserve it, and it would be the last watch you ever buy.... it's THAT good. ;) :rock: (And, hey... it's cheaper than a Rollie... :eek: )

movadobaby_2074_612769243.jpg

I'm a watch junkie........

Haven't been able to feed my habit in awhile..... But I still have some nice ones.

My favorite isn't one of my expensive ones... It's my dad's old Gruen pink gold wafer thin pocket watch and fob.... from the year my folks got married.

D

Black1 said:
That's a REALLY good deal on that Invicta Reserve Excursion. :eek: I haven't even seen them at that price on ShopNBC! :rock: Eyal a cool dude... I've met him way back when he first revived the company. I have lots of Invictas and love them all.... I especially like my Lupa's. They aren't in the same league as a Rolex/TAG/Breitling... but they are really nice for the money. :) I would say "pull the trigger" on that Excursion, Dude... that's a killer deal. Their Reserve collection is top notch, and they are all made in Switzerland by hand. :rock:

Check out Orient and Jacques Lemans too, if you like nice, reasonably priced watches.... ;)
i want that invicta....but i just bought (ehem) another one last month...;)

just because they're good deals doesn't mean i have to buy all of them...as much as i want to...:argh:

Django said:
I'm a watch junkie........

Haven't been able to feed my habit in awhile..... But I still have some nice ones.

My favorite isn't one of my expensive ones... It's my dad's old Gruen pink gold wafer thin pocket watch and fob.... from the year my folks got married.

D

I need to did out one of my pocket watches and post a picture of it. It was my great-great grandfathers, and it's about the size of a small wall clock.;)

Black1 said:
You need one of these, Bro.... You deserve it, and it would be the last watch you ever buy.... it's THAT good. ;) :rock: (And, hey... it's cheaper than a Rollie... :eek: )

movadobaby_2074_612769243.jpg

I was actually looking at this one a couple of weeks ago. A local jewelry store was going out of biz, and it was 10% off... but still a little much for right now.

Attachments

• jomashop_2071_120583226.jpg
    jomashop_2071_120583226.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 16
hey, good question John... ;)

i have a Omega Seamaster now for years... and will never part from it as in honor for Sir Peter Blake , the famous Whitebread sailor , who was killed in the Amazone region for.... that watch by means of speaking. :(

Silverback said:
I need to did out one of my pocket watches and post a picture of it. It was my great-great grandfathers, and it's about the size of a small wall clock.;)

Was it a Conductor's ("Railroad") Watch? They were HUGE. :rock: But, a lot of the mechanical watches of the day were big, because of the enormous size of the movement. If it's a Conductor's pocket watch tho, I'd love to see it. :eek: I bet it's either an Elgin, Hamilton, or Waltham.... :)

Last edited:
ntw0rk said:
I was actually looking at this one a couple of weeks ago. A local jewelry store was going out of biz, and it was 10% off... but still a little much for right now.

That's a nice one. :) A little hint, tho... as with any jewlery item, if the dealer doesn't give you 15% off the tagged price ("closing" or not), then you should go to a different dealer. If they say "no" to the discount.... I bet you they will say "YES" before you put your hand on the front door to leave. ;)

Black1 said:
Was it a Conductor's ("Railroad") Watch? They were HUGE. :rock: But, a lot of the mechanical watches of the day were big, because of the enormous size of the movement. If it's a Conductor's pocket watch tho, I'd love to see it. :eek: I bet it's either an Elgin, Hamilton, or Waltham.... :)

If memory serves me correctly, it's an Elgin, and yes, it's a Conductor's watch. It seen many, many years of use, but you can still make out the steam locomotive on the back cover. The bezel is probably .100 to .125 thick glass.

I will try to take pictures and post them.

Silverback said:
If memory serves me correctly, it's an Elgin, and yes, it's a Conductor's watch. It seen many, many years of use, but you can still make out the steam locomotive on the back cover. The bezel is probably .100 to .125 thick glass.

I will try to take pictures and post them.

The back will open up on most of them too... if you can see the movement inside, this site may help you figure out exactly what you have. :) I just love pocket watches... I have a few (one solid gold) but they are all packed away. :(

http://www.pockethorology.org/Railroad/Railroad.htm

:burnout:

belgiumbarry said:

i have a Omega Seamaster now for years... and will never part from it as in honor for Sir Peter Blake , the famous Whitebread sailor , who was killed in the Amazone region for.... that watch by means of speaking. :(

Quality product there sir:rock:

thewelshm

belgiumbarry said:

You sir have good taste. This is the watch I wear a majority of the time.

Attachments

• omega.jpg
    omega.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 20
viperhauler said:
one of these days....;)
Omega's are actually one of the more affordable of the higher end watches. And very durable.:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back