Watches?

Do you wear a watch?

• Total voters
I have to wear one at work to keep track of breaks and lunch and of course quitting time :D
but usually when I go out or am at home I do not wear one.

TAG HEUER is my favorite - what I wear everyday. I also have a titanium Momo and a Tissot.

I have a thing for watches:eek:

Fit95 said:
TAG HEUER is my favorite - what I wear everyday. I also have a titanium Momo and a Tissot.

I have a thing for watches:eek:

What TAG do you have? ...... Tissot is a cool company. I like their stuff too. :rock:

TheSickness said:
Damn it !!! Love watches I have a new Invicta....Like em :rock: I also like Seiko and all of Shawn's eco drives :rock:

Yep, Invicta is a great watch for the money.... they have come a Looooooong way in the last 4 years or so. Their prices have went up a little, but the quality of the piece is much much better. They actually have a facility in Geneve now, so their high-end stuff is truly HAND BUILT in Switzerland. :rock: I still have a bunch of Invictas.... my most prized being a limited edition Dragon Lupa with a carbon fiber dial which is worth about 25 times what I paid for it these days. :)

I like my Movado Sport. Just had it serviced after 5 years and works great as an everyday watch.

In the late 80's I went down to Tijuana and bought a few fake Rolex Day-Date Perpetual Oysters.... in different colors. I paid a hundred bucks for 5 of 'em.... No, they were not jewel movements. But in those days, most everyone presumed they were real.....

I gave 3 of them away to friends and in-laws ....and I kept the black and blue face ones.... They were all two-tone bracelets. The black one shit the bed fairly early.... But the blue one kept running until last year. It kept good time and the day-date functioned consistently...

I wore it as my everyday watch and lost it several times.... It always came back to me.... and rarely did anyone know it was a fake.. only Rolex junkies.... I was forced to retire it when it died a year or so ago. I wore it even after I got my real ones...

I loved that watch... it served me quite well for a $20 POS..... Farewell, old friend.

D

Django said:
In the late 80's I went down to Tijuana and bought a few fake Rolex Day-Date Perpetual Oysters.... in different colors. I paid a hundred bucks for 5 of 'em.... No, they were not jewel movements. But in those days, most everyone presumed they were real.....

I gave 3 of them away to friends and in-laws ....and I kept the black and blue face ones.... They were all two-tone bracelets. The black one shit the bed fairly early.... But the blue one kept running until last year. It kept good time and the day-date functioned consistently...

I wore it as my everyday watch and lost it several times.... It always came back to me.... and rarely did anyone know it was a fake.. only Rolex junkies.... I was forced to retire it when it died a year or so ago. I wore it even after I got my real ones...

I loved that watch... it served me quite well for a $20 POS..... Farewell, old friend.

D

Just don't go looking around the internetz for another fake one..... you'll get more viruses than Pamela fckin Anderson..... :eek: Come to think of it, you probably can't go back to Tijuana now either... the Cartels will shoot you. :rolleyes: ;)

Black1 said:
Just don't go looking around the internetz for another fake one..... you'll get more viruses than Pamela fckin Anderson..... :eek: Come to think of it, you probably can't go back to Tijuana now either... the Cartels will shoot you. :rolleyes: ;)

Here is a place that's safe. In fact, I think Tim posted it originally long ago.

http://www.bluefakes.com/

Silverback said:
Here is a place that's safe. In fact, I think Tim posted it originally long ago.

http://www.bluefakes.com/

Ah, yes... Thank you... I remember that site. There are some "high-end" fakes out there. But, being a watch junkie since... well... forever really... I could never really bring myself to buy a "fake" Rolex. Owning a Rolex (to me) is a real achievement. When I sold my last one, my wife knew I was pretty sad about it.... she asked me if I would ever buy another one. I remember telling her, "Yeah, when I deserve one again". :eek: Some people may think it's silly, but it was a great feeling to purchase my first Rolex (with CASH, no less).... I'm looking forward to the time when I can do it again. I think buying a fake one wouldn't be the same. I don't give a shit if people might "know" it's fake or not.... but I WOULD know it was fake. :dontknow: :eek:

Here's a pic of my newest watch!

Bulova Marine Star

Attachments

• 98B014.jpg
    98B014.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 21
Black1 said:
Beautiful watch, Scoot! Bulova is one of the oldest names in the biz... and one of my favorites! :rock:
...and I got one HECK of a deal on it!! :rock::rock:

Black1 said:
Ah, yes... Thank you... I remember that site. There are some "high-end" fakes out there. But, being a watch junkie since... well... forever really... I could never really bring myself to buy a "fake" Rolex. Owning a Rolex (to me) is a real achievement. When I sold my last one, my wife knew I was pretty sad about it.... she asked me if I would ever buy another one. I remember telling her, "Yeah, when I deserve one again". :eek: Some people may think it's silly, but it was a great feeling to purchase my first Rolex (with CASH, no less).... I'm looking forward to the time when I can do it again. I think buying a fake one wouldn't be the same. I don't give a shit if people might "know" it's fake or not.... but I WOULD know it was fake. :dontknow: :eek:

i was unaware you could finance a watch???
I guess a person can finance anything these days, do they send a bill in the mail?

BurntRubber said:
i was unaware you could finance a watch???
I guess a person can finance anything these days, do they send a bill in the mail?

By me saying "cash"... I meant as opposed to putting it on a credit card, or store card. :eek: ;) I'm proud to say, for fifteen years or so, I've not put anything on a credit card. I learned my lesson early in life, and have been relatively debt-free ever since. :)

Scott - Check this out! ..... Gooooood watches, I tell ya. ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1025033/Watch-thats-seabed--And-working-67-years.html

Black1 said:
By me saying "cash"... I meant as opposed to putting it on a credit card, or store card. :eek: ;) I'm proud to say, for fifteen years or so, I've not put anything on a credit card. I learned my lesson early in life, and have been relatively debt-free ever since. :)

Scott - Check this out! ..... Gooooood watches, I tell ya. ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1025033/Watch-thats-seabed--And-working-67-years.html

That's awesome!! I can imagine the look on his face when he opened that package!:eek:

i have a thing for nicer watches...but rolex, breitling, IWC, are out of my range for now...

but i check these almost every day...

www.onesaleaday.com
www.yugster.com

i've bought from both places...

ESQ, swiss legend, movado, invicta, .... all exactly as advertised...NIB...

btw, i almost bought a marine star...the other day, one came up....;)

here's todays... http://watch.1saleaday.com/

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back