water / meth

VIPER

JTS VENOM SERIES SRT-10
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any one here running meth ? - and have you ever smelled it coming from your truck, i have a strange smell coming from the truck, i dont know how to describe it i never smelled ne thing like this b4 lol

i have an open air filter with the meth nozzle in the front of it

i have checked for leaks and there are none - any idea ???

setup

5cd80f21.jpg

I doubt that any smell can escape the pull of the Roe...check both of the rear vents on the valve covers...'04's have two one on each valve cover...I think the vent is only on the drivers side on the '05 & 06. Most have vented those to a catch can...to catch misting oil and odor.

The only smells I get is raw fuel and from the catch cans, I think half the smell from my catch cans is from the Joe Gibbs Racing oil, it has a smell of it's own! Lol

Where is the smell coming from? I would smell some from the exhaust after a WOT run which is perfectly normal. It makes the exhaust gases smell a little bit different.

BTW - That is a very small resevior tank you have. Be very careful you will go through that in a very short amount of time.

Where is the smell coming from? I would smell some from the exhaust after a WOT run which is perfectly normal. It makes the exhaust gases smell a little bit different.

BTW - That is a very small resevior tank you have. Be very careful you will go through that in a very short amount of time.

Idk where it's coming form to be honest - it seems and smells like it's coming from the air filter

the meth sprays out in a conical pattern and it is probably soaking down the air filter a bit. I run meth too and it is best to run it after the blower if at all possible. On the roots/twin screw blowers, you are only really getting the extra octane instead of a drastic cooling effect that most turbo/centrifugal guys get.

the meth sprays out in a conical pattern and it is probably soaking down the air filter a bit. I run meth too and it is best to run it after the blower if at all possible. On the roots/twin screw blowers, you are only really getting the extra octane instead of a drastic cooling effect that most turbo/centrifugal guys get.

Its only recommended to run the meth after the blower if you have a solenoid otherwise the vacuum will suck the meth out of the previous. If you dont plan on running a solenoid than you should run your nozzle pre throttle body.

Its only recommended to run the meth after the blower if you have a solenoid otherwise the vacuum will suck the meth out of the previous. If you dont plan on running a solenoid than you should run your nozzle pre throttle body.

True statement. But he is probably just soaking down his filter with the meth.

There is no odor from Methanol. If he is smelling something it is not the methanol. I mixed a new batch today...while my nose is old and frequently abused, I checked pure methanol and there is no odor at all.

If he is using low temperature windshield washer fluid then components of the fluid could be the cause...but it isn't the methanol.

There is no odor from Methanol. If he is smelling something it is not the methanol. I mixed a new batch today...while my nose is old and frequently abused, I checked pure methanol and there is no odor at all.

If he is using low temperature windshield washer fluid then components of the fluid could be the cause...but it isn't the methanol.

Your nose might be dead then. Methanol has a very distinct smell IMHO.

Methanol has a slightly alcoholic odor when pure and a repulsive, pungent odor when in its crude form; it is difficult to smell methanol in the air at less than 2,000 parts per million (ppm) (2,622 mg/m3).

http://www.epa.gov/ttn/atw/hlthef/methanol.html

Last edited:
I think it must be something rotten in Charelston then...here is my source...five gallon nearly full can...

No smell at all.

001-2.jpg

And from your source:

"...it is difficult to smell methanol in the air at less than 2,000 parts per million (ppm) (2,622 mg/m3)."

Better get your shit together before you challenge the Prof!

Last edited:
I think it must be something rotten in Charelston then...here is my source...five gallon nearly full can...

No smell at all.

001-2.jpg

And from your source:

"...it is difficult to smell methanol in the air at less than 2,000 parts per million (ppm) (2,622 mg/m3)."

Oh snap!!! Dayum!!!!

I run meth in three vehicles and I can smell it when filling up my container.

Steve, it is hotter here in Wadsworth than it is at my place in Marathon...I must be suffering from heat stroke or hot flashes...didn't mean to sound so "snappy".

No smell at all.

001-2.jpg

And from your source:

I included that sentience from my "source" for a reason.

Apparently his meth has a higher concentration in the air than 2,000 PPM probably due to him soaking his air filter with it.

C'mon man even VP says theirs smells like shit and its 99.95% pure: http://www.vpracingfuels.com/download/MSDS_M1_Sep08.pdf

Next time Ill get my shit straight though before I challange the Prof......

Oh and Viper if you follow my advice that I gave you on LR the smell will go away. :top:

Last edited:
Steve, it is hotter here in Wadsworth than it is at my place in Marathon...I must be suffering from heat stroke or hot flashes...didn't mean to sound so "snappy".

You didn't Roy. It's just a saying, ya old fart. :D

I am old that is true...and getting older every minute.

For those of you that think you are smelling Methanol better read this from the MSDS:

"Inhalation: Methanol is toxic and can very readily form extremely high vapor concentrations at room temperature. Inhalation is the most common route of occupational exposure. At first, methanol causes CNS depression with nausea, headache, vomiting, dizziness and incoordination. A time period with no obvious symptoms follows (typically 8-24 hrs). This latent period is followed by metabolic acidosis and severe visual effects which may include reduced reactivity and/or increased sensitivity to light, blurred, double and/or snowy vision, and blindness. Depending on the severity of exposure and the promptness of treatment, survivors may recover completely or may have permanent blindness, vision disturbances and/or nervous system effects."

Idk where it's coming form to be honest - it seems and smells like it's coming from the air filter

You might want to try using a solenoid it will cut the follow of meth immediately after the pump being triggered. I know sometimes the nozzles still drip a bit after being activated.

Like slow94 said meth nozzles spray out in a conical pattern and you are probably soaking the air filter. What is the activation point in psi that the meth is being triggered at? You might want to up the activation (psi) point essentially creating more vacum in front of the TB. That might be your fix.

"Methanol has a slightly alcoholic odor when pure and a repulsive, pungent odor when in its crude form; it is difficult to smell methanol in the air at less than 2,000 parts per million (ppm) (2,622 mg/m3)"

So it smells like someone who is slightly alcoholic. I've smelled some slightly acholic people and they definitely had an odor. Back at ya' Prof....:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back