We have Ricer competition!!!

greatone61

Full Access Member
Reaction score
299232.jpg

:slug: :slug: :slug: :slug: :slug: :slug: :slug: :slug: :slug: :slug:

Next

shit with 14.5 sec, hahahah finally something the hemi guys can race . also why is it sooo slow with that much power , stupid ricers

1Fast400 said:
You had car guys driving a truck. One only needs to go back to the Mopar Nationals to view some of the board members driving their trucks to similar times. :)

Good point ;)

Not worried about it either way.....

:smokin: You know, for quite some time before this new announcement many Titan owners thought their ricehaulers were already fast and Viper competition material:boring: . I can't even count how many tried racing me:damnmate: off a traffic signal when I didn't know I was even in a race. Where do they get these silly ideas:questionmark: As soon as you guys get the chance to burn one make sure you hollar :eating: "FLIDE LICE" out the window at 'em. :rofl:

I could see a Titan in my mirror moving through traffic to get close to me. He must have thought I was a Hemi. When he got next to me and looked over and saw the Viper Powered emblem his face went from arrogance to "Oh crap what have I gotten myself into?" :ahhhhh: He immediately slowed back down and stayed behind me. He obviously knew his place in the food chain. It was quite funny. :D

I am sure that will be a FLOP just like the new Lightining was. Everyone trys but they just cant beat the best.

Stick a big engine in a POS, its still a POS

MYuGiOh Motorsports said:
lol thats how ricers do it i was really surprized that it was not turboed and there was no body graphics

Ok, As much as I think that truck is butt ugly! I think you guys may be underestimating its potential. First, I think the 510 reported hp is either a typo or wishful thinking. However, given the fact that more boost is easily attained with a smaller pulley, and that I'm sure tunes are available for this thing, the truck could run high twelves with minimal investment.

A stock Harley truck would run the 1/4 mile anywhere between 14.3 - 14.6 (in most areas), and with a pulley swap and tune, could dip into the 12's. So I have to assume the same is true with the Nissan. In addition, I'm sure the Nissan is capable of a lot more hp than the Ford, as the bottom end is probably a lot stronger.

I could be completely wrong, but it seems logical for the truck to run decent times.

MYuGiOh Motorsports said:

I have been doing that for years. I started in 1963. I put a 301 SBC in 40 Ford Deluxe Opera coupe. Chevy all syncro 3 spd trans and 1950 Olds station wagon rear end. I build them a lot different today.

Anyone know why its SOOOOO hard to do the pulley swap on the Paxtons then??? If its sooooo easy on a ford with a Eaton, why not follow suit on these Paxtons?? Mike said something about the geometry of the plate or something. I ordered the same 10# pulley as he did but its not installed yet. ANY IDEAS?

kidhemi77 said:
shit with 14.5 sec, hahahah finally something the hemi guys can race . also why is it sooo slow with that much power , stupid ricers

When some of the SRT-10's are in the 14's in the Houston heat this June let's see what the posts read...:2in1:

I think that is a far cry from "rice". People think just because a vehicle wears an import badge it's rice???:confused: I think there is an internet confusion with rice and imports. I've seen Ford,s, Chevy's and Dodge's "riced out". Nissan/Stillen has raised the bar a little and heard the cry's of the sport truck community for a more performance oriented truck that will be below 50K and get better than 10mpg around town.:ridinghorse: I was disappointed with the end of the Lightning production.:( Nice to see someone stepping up and offering the buying public some options.:rock:

Hell, our trucks are made in Mexico:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

There is a lil confusion with the Term RICE with the older and younger generation ... The older generation says RICE they mean import period.. the younger generations some how took the term rice which ment import 10 + yrs ago and turned it into sticking crappy gawdy shit on your car .. not sure how the term got from meaning import to gawdy shit on your car .. but i think when some of thes folks say rice they are refering to import .. i may be wrong but thats the confusion i have seen on other sites also...

slow91 said:
When some of the SRT-10's are in the 14's in the Houston heat this June let's see what the posts read...:2in1:

I think that is a far cry from "rice". People think just because a vehicle wears an import badge it's rice???:confused: I think there is an internet confusion with rice and imports. I've seen Ford,s, Chevy's and Dodge's "riced out". Nissan/Stillen has raised the bar a little and heard the cry's of the sport truck community for a more performance oriented truck that will be below 50K and get better than 10mpg around town.:ridinghorse: I was disappointed with the end of the Lightning production.:( Nice to see someone stepping up and offering the buying public some options.:rock:

Hell, our trucks are made in Mexico:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
I just squinted my way through the whole article. It does not appear as if this is a Nissan offering. Stillen is simply offering the blower and brakes as an aftermarket tuner.

The motor is really a work of art though, that VK56 puts the viper motor to shame as far as technology....I took one apart just to see the internals

Last edited:
Back