Weak link

tim simmons

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my 09 viper to the drags last night and found the weak link. Wheel hop breaks the best of them. They should have put a Dana 70 in it. I know this is a truck site but anybody know how to cure wheel hop in the viper cars?

Attachments

• DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 82
thevipergarage, look for rtttted

Wow. That's what happened to my buddy's ctsv he traded his ram srt on.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

How old are your tires? Worn motor/trans mounts will not help the wheel hop issue.

Tires are pretty new. Nitto invo's 345/30/19. Lowered air pressure to 28 psi. Soon as I fix it. I will be putting poly motor mounts and trans mount just to help. Also would like to put poly rear end mounts. Next time I try to run it I'm gonna go with slicks. Anything to help.

there is someone out there that makes a Dana 60 for the independent rear suspension

Guess you could straight axel the rear end of your Viper. They never improved on that one for going in a straight line.

Not sure I would get all crazy with a fixed axle ect. I would look at upgrading the half shafts if you're going to take it to the track often with slicks.

I seen 2013 viper from the viper exchange at royal purple raceway last night. He ran 10.1 with just bolt ons and slicks. Now I'm going to be afraid to take mine to the drags again. I just feel lucky I didn't break the output shaft on the tranny. I would be very confident if it just didn't hop. I rolled out@ 2500 rpm mashed it about 20' out then Bang. Would slicks really help or make it worse??

At first I thought half shaft. But I wasn't that lucky. I would never straight axle it. Just might take to a road course instead but even there I think it would hop. It does it in first and through second.

Last edited:
Do the mounts. That should help. Learn to get off of it if it wheel hops (ask me how I know). I cracked a bell housing. Leave the stock half shafts in it. You use them as a fuse. When you get to bigger power that's when you need slicks. Drag radials help stockish power levels.

Took my 09 viper to the drags last night and found the weak link. Wheel hop breaks the best of them. They should have put a Dana 70 in it. I know this is a truck site but anybody know how to cure wheel hop in the viper cars?

The weak link is people who think a Viper is a drag racing vehicle. They are designed for road racing. The rear suspension is not set up to have the clutch dumped from a standing start. So don't be so shocked when the rear is in a million pieces off a hole shot.

I know people who do both and do both very well!!!!!

I know people who do both and do both very well!!!!!

I never said it couldn't be done. The OP took his Viper to the track with it's rear and suspension UN modifed, street tires, etc. and cannot understand why the rear puked.

The weak link is people who think a Viper is a drag racing vehicle. They are designed for road racing. The rear suspension is not set up to have the clutch dumped from a standing start. So don't be so shocked when the rear is in a million pieces off a hole shot.

How hard is it for you to be the smartest dumb mother fucker on this site?

How hard is it for you to be the smartest dumb mother fucker on this site?

HAHAHAHAHA you call me that, while calling yourself Bubba.

Who's the dumb Fuck?

This is what happens when Viper powered vehicles become affordable to Hillbillies

HAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHA you call me that, while calling yourself Bubba.

Who's the dumb Fuck?

This is what happens when Viper powered vehicles become affordable to Hillbillies

HAHAHAHAHA

Answer my question.
Bet I can buy and sell your ass and not even notice.;)

:thefinger:
Answer my question.
Bet I can buy and sell your ass and not even notice.;)

In answer to your question...Fuck You

And the second part...Good for you being a rich dumb fucking hillbilly Asshat
With your money you can buy the necessary parts to make your Viper hook up on the track so you wont have you wonder why you blew a rear apart. And again, Go Fuck Yourself

:thefinger:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back