Weight reduction

I am thinking mine weighs around 5750 lbs...with me is about 6000 lbs...and I have 1006 rwhp.....the question is how fast would I go in a 1/4 mile after I take a big poop and lighten up the overall weight???....:):)

Walt

K-80-123 said:
I am thinking mine weighs around 5750 lbs...with me is about 6000 lbs...and I have 1006 rwhp.....the question is how fast would I go in a 1/4 mile after I take a big poop and lighten up the overall weight???....:):)

Walt

You still be in the 9's 10's does it really matter is more like the question lol providing you dont leave your rearend at the christmas tree

Ok this is what JH posted on Viper Alley.

Qoute" We Ran 10.88 @ 127 On About 725 Rw Hp A Few Yrs Ago." End qoute

now that was with a RC which is about 600pounds lighter then Quad.

If Nowwhat is close to the same hp and with a quad and his best time is 11.4 then it only is logical this is the times somone would run.

Providing the temps are right, the traction is right and a good driver,

all im saying is its possible. You guys seem to be very negative that anyone can break in the 10s lol inless they are pushing TT.

In all do fairness what does everyone think Walts truck would run? Does noone believe he would be low 10s if not 9 ?

Lets say even with a crappy 60 ft time of 1.9 or so, does that mean he doesnt have the hp to bring the bacon home after he gets that beast moving down the track.

Sorry even though its numbers they dont lie. And my opion other then our traction issues, these times are possible. And I believe Nowwhat will break in the 10s, if he lost a few hundered pounds, and a 200 shot, providing the nos hits arournd mid rpms to the strecth and he doesnt go BOOM.

Nowwhat your going to be in the 10s dude, i bet all my chips on it. And with a auto to boot, you will be the frist to do it.

Last edited:
bro, John H lies about his runs and numbers everyone knows it!

Jack chime in on this and enlighten the guy!LOLOL

If you watch the vid, you can even see when the driver hits the nos, and also it USED to show the boost guage and it read 14 psi, wihich comes up to around 1000hp or better. Its been hashed a billion times.

Nowwhat has 700hp and only turns low 12's, in perfect conditions ,perfect weather, perfect traction ,yes 11's, but nothings perfect.

it will all depend on driver, and track conditions.

You are a trip bro, I really like you!:D I hope ya make it to the Rock for Sept 2

LOL,

Nowwhat dont let me down man, Uuu Can Do Itttt!!! :D

Stinker just curiours what times do you think you will run in that TT beast ?

Last edited:
uh.....17's?LOLOLOL Really have no idea, would like to get close to Nowwhats time after my fuel system is installed, but Nowwhats package is so pefect, from the tranny to the rear suspension, to tuning, he will be hard to compete with. Anyone, and I mean anyone wanting to go fast needs to talk with Nowwhat and Vprpwr, that would be Mike, and Daniel, they are the leaders in getting these rides to the other end quiklly right now.:D

Yep i agree, they have a setup to beat right now

You guys may think im nuts about weight reduction but im takeing the approach seriours. No i dont mean rideing around in a no inteior truck. All im saying is there is room to shed a few hunder pounds from our trucks. Hell even my own self i need to shed 20 pounds.

THERES NO SUCH THING AS FAT JOCKEY! :D

I'm all about weight reduction, i run with no spare, tail gate, front seat, front sway bar, no washer fluid, and anything else i dont need. And i can still launch off the line with no wheel spin.

Stinker said:
bro, John H lies about his runs and numbers everyone knows it!

Jack chime in on this and enlighten the guy!LOLOL

If you watch the vid, you can even see when the driver hits the nos, and also it USED to show the boost guage and it read 14 psi, wihich comes up to around 1000hp or better. Its been hashed a billion times.

Nowwhat has 700hp and only turns low 12's, in perfect conditions ,perfect weather, perfect traction ,yes 11's, but nothings perfect.

it will all depend on driver, and track conditions.

You are a trip bro, I really like you!:D I hope ya make it to the Rock for Sept 2

ouch......low 12's.......I run 11's at 2700' with shitty air.....ouch.....:mad: :D ...I have 4 runs in the 11's now....just not low 11's....that is where the NO2 comes in....11's anytime ....

Zex, your times prove just that. Have you dnoyed your truck.

No clue, just got payed so i might take a little drive to get it dynoed. I'll be sure to post the numbers.

LOLOLO Sorry bout that Nowwhat!:D

Zex has the right idea, and 7777777777 I pondered on this today, any reciprocating mas you can reduce will also help greatly, lighter wheels, changing tranny and rear axle fluid to full synthetic red line or royal purpal, flywheel, anything rotating , the lighter it is the quicker the acceleration, inluding slotting and drillin rotors.

And tell the truck Nowwhat your truck hasnt gotten past the 13's yet!LOLOL

Wanna meet up in fla fo the V10 nationals?he he he he;)

zex-srt10 said:
I'm all about weight reduction, i run with no spare, tail gate, front seat, front sway bar, no washer fluid, and anything else i dont need. And i can still launch off the line with no wheel spin.

Concur with your approach...but how about a meth pump for that "windshield" washer (only half full!);)

I always find about thirty things behind my seats that just don't need to be there! I think at around 3000 lbs, our engines stock would push the new Z06 into the background...but I hate to cut off the cab and bed to get there!:eek:

Stinker said:
LOLOLO Sorry bout that Nowwhat!:D

Zex has the right idea, and 7777777777 I pondered on this today, any reciprocating mas you can reduce will also help greatly, lighter wheels, changing tranny and rear axle fluid to full synthetic red line or royal purpal, flywheel, anything rotating , the lighter it is the quicker the acceleration, inluding slotting and drillin rotors.

And tell the truck Nowwhat your truck hasnt gotten past the 13's yet!LOLOL

Wanna meet up in fla fo the V10 nationals?he he he he;)

dont make me go and sell my vette lol, cuase then i would be in the 11's i guarentee you :)

Viper7777 said:
dont make me go and sell my vette lol, cuase then i would be in the 11's i guarentee you :)

found a place that makes fiberglass hoods for our truck but then you lose the cool hood scoop...they make CF hoods as well...but no fenders...

Nowwhat i posted a link in the beginning of this thread for the place to buy the carbon fiber replica SRT-10 hood. I found fenders to but dont have the link on this computer i will post them at work tommorow. Im all so looking believe it or not for a fiberglass bed or someone to make a custom one. No bullsh*t You know with the money i spend i could get my 89 formula in the 10s i allready have a rollcage i put in, fiberglass parts, 500hp 383 TPI motor which was a project never finshed years ago, but i dont want a 10 second car i want a 10 second truck. Thats street driven. I could have a viper or a 700hp vette, but i rather have my truck. Not sure what that says but me and my truck are in love with each other :)

Viper7777 said:
Nowwhat i posted a link in the beginning of this thread for the place to buy the carbon fiber replica SRT-10 hood. I found fenders to but dont have the link on this computer i will post them at work tommorow. Im all so looking believe it or not for a fiberglass bed or someone to make a custom one. No bullsh*t You know with the money i spend i could get my 89 formula in the 10s i allready have a rollcage i put in, fiberglass parts, 500hp 383 TPI motor which was a project never finshed years ago, but i dont want a 10 second car i want a 10 second truck. Thats street driven. I could have a viper or a 700hp vette, but i rather have my truck. Not sure what that says but me and my truck are in love with each other :)

It is an addiction that I understand all too well...:D

Viper7777 said:

Hey Bro, repost the link, as it disappeared. I am sure you could have a glass bed made by some custom shop, but it would probably be mucho dinero. first they gotta build bucks, then your parts. I spent $700 getting a trunk lid made that way for my Road Runner a few years back. For a bed, I would guess a cost of around $3000 or more depending on the level of workmanship you want and whether you want the whole thing as one piece or if you don't mind making it modular. My guess is $3000 cheapest, up to $6000 for top quality, single mold. I used to be a carpenter for years and could make the bucks and parts easily I am sure....if I had any kind of clue about fiberglass work:dontknow: ...lol.

Greg

aye was a carpenter for about 2 years. But with out a garage right now i woudnt attempt it, but fiberglass has allways been something that has intrest me the sky is the limit with what you can make.

I emaild about 4 places today waiting word from them. Two of the places said they do custom work so we shall see. I did find one place that does nothing but Toyota beds ? yeah go fiqure. I was guessing around 3k. I would like to have it all piece but im average skill with body work and auto body so in piece's woud not bother me all that bad as long as it looked simliar to OE. I allso like to get a tailgate mold I do plan on going with a CF hood, and the fenders. My goal is to shed about 500 pounds if i can shed more great but my goal is atleast 500.

My truck is stock but in a week im ordering Mopar headers to get my side exhaust fabbed up. Everthing i do im makeing sure not to alter to much , so the truck can allways be put back to stock if so be.

you guys are righ the hood link didnt post. Im on the mac right now but when i get to work tommorow i will post up

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back