Well....I freakin' did it...but, I didn't wanna!

KRAZYSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pictures will be posted soon. She may be dirty if it keeps storming like this....but.....I had to do it guys.

I really didn't want to.....

Seriously...I tried my azz off to postpone this....but it was inevitable.:(

I put a front license plate mount on my front bumper. It's not the OEM one but it's a little more streamlined and it is black so it goes well with the red on the truck....that's about all I got.:dontknow:

I'll take a few $35 tickets first...been good for two years...still carry it...but seriously trying to avoid drilling holes in the front fascia.

Yeah...I tried taking it to a few other places but then they noticed that my truck is lowered...which means RECON sticker...which is a hassle all on it's own.

So I paid the 20 bucks and installed it today...then I took it to the place that originally did the inspection...UNFORTUNATELY....it was different guy and he spotted the drop kit too...but he let it slide this time...PHWEW!!!

3 inspections and they are just now catching on to me. Apparently they are getting pinned down by the people in charge and are being more aggressive.:(

Sooooo...I am good for now. I would've let it slide but I live on Base and the cops are bored around here....and we all remember my last run-in with them fools! They take your driving privileges away for parking in the grass!!

I really do miss Florida....:)

LoveThisTruck said:
Your trucks not allowed to be lowered???:dontknow:

They have all sorts of goofy rules here...I think it's because people were driving some pretty unsafe vehicles around here because its an island. It can be lowered but has certain rules it has to meet and you have to get it re-aligned within 2 weeks (I think) of getting the RECON inspection which just costs more money...soooo.....it's like this:

Registration=$$$
Safety inspection=$$$
RECON inspection=$$$

Every single year!!!!:(

SKAAH-REEWWW THAT.. My front license plate is velcroed to my passenger side sun visor.. It can definately be seen clearly from the front.

Hell, I thought California was bad........

Everyplace seems to have its eccentricities......... (yes Roy, that's what I said) ;)...

D

Django said:
Hell, I thought California was bad........

Everyplace seems to have its eccentricities.......

D

And some people too Tim.. Some people, don't forget that!

Oh and Tim? Just between you and me, I hereby declare that I MUST have a Farmer John's Dodger Dog before my time on this earth is done.. You can bet on it.

Last edited:
KRAZYSRT10-

I wish I would have seen this sooner. I had to put one on mine last year. I got a warning from state patrol. Iowa requires a front plate (never seen a cop pull you over from the front). I found this bracket at Autozone that mounts to bottom of your front fascia and flips up to hold the plate. No drilling into front bumper or fascia.

Plate_bracket.jpg

Plate_bracket2.jpg

-Muzzy

Muzzy said:
KRAZYSRT10-

I wish I would have seen this sooner. I had to put one on mine last year. I got a warning from state patrol. Iowa requires a front plate (never seen a cop pull you over from the front). I found this bracket at Autozone that mounts to bottom of your front fascia and flips up to hold the plate. No drilling into front bumper or fascia.

Plate_bracket.jpg

Plate_bracket2.jpg

-Muzzy
That is friggin cool!!

Muzzy said:
KRAZYSRT10-

Plate_bracket.jpg

Plate_bracket2.jpg

-Muzzy

That would've been SUPER COOL!!! But my plate has to be a min. of 12" off the deck...so, I don't think it would've worked for me.:)

Great find Muzzy...it might serve to get two or three...it will double as a skid plate for those of us that have "lost" a little front clearance...

The bracket is made by the company "Bell Automotive" and the part number is 46230-1. Here is a link to the manufacturers website: Bell Automotive

What I love about it is when I go to shows I can just loosen the bolts and fold the plate underneath.

-Muzzy

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back