Went to Drag Strip last night

OsirruZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reset my own personal record. It was nice and chilly out so I figured we could get some good runs in. Last few times we went track prep was in the dirt. I was expecting the same tonight but they actually had it prepped well. My first launch was at 3000 Rpms, it bogged bad ran 13.9. Second run launched at 3500, bogged not as bad ran 13.8. Both runs 2.2 60' time. 3rd run lauched at 4500, way too much, had a really good smoke show for the crowds, 13.9 and 2.4 60'. 4th run I decided I was going to make it or break it. I did one hell of a second gear burnout. Launched at 3800, it bogged slightly but woke up quick. 2.0 60' time but ended up missing 4th gear. still ran 13.7. Last run did equivalent burnout, nice and smokey. Lauched at 4000, bogged slightly 2.0 60'. Came out with a 13.511 at 104.82 quarter. I am very happy with this pass. To date it is my best pass in the truck but I know if I can get this thing to leave I should be able to get it down to 13.3 - 13.4. Maybe lower, I didn't drop air pressure in tires, left air filter in, pretty much hot lapped even though it was a nice dry 55 degrees outside.

I did learn tonight that these tires (stock Pirrelli's) hook up pretty damn good with a huge burnout. I thought they might have glazed over but they took it very well.

Just for giggles my truck is completely stock, only thing I've done is hard wired the V-1.

All stock what's everyone 60' times? 2.0 wasn't too bad but I know it can get better than that!!

I will post a time slip up in the morning, right now I just wanna sleep.

Last edited:
great :rock: see you had fun... we don't have tracks like that but i bought a performance box from which i can post such data... keep us posted ! :rock:

Pretty good times for the 1/4 on a stocker. Your 2.0 sixty is in line with a stock setup on stock tires. I and a few other members have been able to pull off 1.9XX sixty foot times bone stock. The only times I was able to do so was a combination of a very well prepped track, low altitude, low temps, low humidity, and of course really heating up the tires.

awesome! you now can see first hand how the launch is so important. for every .01 sec you lose in your 60', you lose .02 in the quarter mile.

Your First Mod ------> Gears! 4.56's or 4.88's will do.

They should net you a 1/10 in your 60', which equates to 2/10's on the big end.

Besides, those stock '04 4.11's suck around town anyway.:D

ya 2.0 is a great RC 60foot time stock.. i think my best is 2.1 or 2.2 but my best stock run was 13.3 ... so u should be able to hit it .. maybe just shift a lil harder into 3rd.....

I wanted to try to make it out there for Cruising the coast but when we got into town it was raining so we just headed down to the coast and stayed there.

Good times i ran a [email protected] R/T .002 60'2,149 IN A 06 QC flash,headers catless mids,borla catback. My best time SMOKED A LIGHTING good time i thing

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back