What´s this? 3 screws in the trans..

_Malm said:
Could you please take a picture on your trans-housing? What you mean is that you haven´t got the three screws that holds the seal?
I have 2 photos loaded in my daughter's camera. As soon as I figure out how to get them on this site, I will. (she went to the mall). In the mean time, my transmission housing has "ears" to accept the bolts that hold the part that looks like a damper onto it. Stay tuned...... (sorry for the delay, I'm not computer savy)

Here are the pics. The second one clearly shows the difference between the two housings. 1st pic from drive shaft to transmission, second is from transmission back towards driveshaft. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• DSCN1475.JPG
    DSCN1475.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 81
  • DSCN1476.JPG
    DSCN1476.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
joemags54 said:
Here are the pics. The second one clearly shows the difference between the two housings. 1st pic from drive shaft to transmission, second is from transmission back towards driveshaft. Hope this helps.

Ahh ok, yes I can clearly see the difference between our housings. Thanks for the pics!
Well, I hope the oil-seal I´ve putted on will prevent the leaking, weird that the original part didn´t fit :dontknow:

Pray for me guys! :D :D

_Malm said:
Ahh ok, yes I can clearly see the difference between our housings. Thanks for the pics!
Well, I hope the oil-seal I´ve putted on will prevent the leaking, weird that the original part didn´t fit :dontknow:

Pray for me guys! :D :D

Maybe others will weigh in on what their setup looks like...........

GADodgetech said:
Ever consider you might have gotten the wrong part???:dontknow:

Yes, but I´ve checked several times with my authorized Mopar-dealer and that´s the only one we can find on the drawing over the transmission :dontknow:

_Malm said:
Yes, but I´ve checked several times with my authorized Mopar-dealer and that´s the only one we can find on the drawing over the transmission :dontknow:

I replaced my rear seal last month. My Mopar parts guy could not figure out the correct part for my SRT either. Ended up at local Napa dealer and eyeballed rear seals till we found one that worked. Rear seals leak...fact of life. Its one of the reasons the manufacture made it so easy to replace. Just be sure the drive shaft portion that contacts the seal area is deburred and smooth. With higher mileage vehicles the seal will carve a groove in the shaft. You'll need to replace the yoke at that point.

Sounds like you have a seal that may have failed due to too much inactivity whereas mine was diffidently from overactivity....80K miles. :)

Last edited:
_Malm said:
I've seen many times parts get mislabled in the packaging too. Did you check aftermarket?

Chuck B said:
I replaced my rear seal last month. My Mopar parts guy could not figure out the correct part for my SRT either. Ended up at local Napa dealer and eyeballed rear seals till we found one that worked. Rear seals leak...fact of life. Its one of the reasons the manufacture made it so easy to replace. Just be sure the drive shaft portion that contacts the seal area is deburred and smooth. With higher mileage vehicles the seal will carve a groove in the shaft. You'll need to replace the yoke at that point.

Sounds like you have a seal that may have failed due to too much inactivity whereas mine was diffidently from overactivity....80K miles. :)

Yes, I agree with you, the truck doesn´t like not being driven :(
Well, good to hear that I´m not the only one that had this problem with the seal :)

Happy new year :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back