What have people done about front license plates where required by law ????

Pastohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of states require by law to have the front license plate, and the very nice styling of the trucks facea DOES NOT need a license plate to mess up the cool lines....what are different members doing to overcome this law ??? thanks, live in Ohio where it is required....

It is required here in California....

Knock on wood...1.5 yrs and still havnt gotten a ticket for not having one... :D

no way around it, you have 2 choices...either put it on, or leave it off. You can zip-tie it to the plastic insert if you dont want to drill a hole in the front fascia, or you can stick it in your windshield (which in ca CA is still not legal as a front licence plate location) and scratch up your dashboard.

-Red

I haven't had a front plate in Cali for a long time. Not on this truck, the 2 vettes before this, and most of my other cars. Never once got a ticket.

It's required here in Warshington too! Haven't put mine on and so far knock on wood no problems. But I would rather pay the fine and leave it off then screw up the front end of my beautiful truck.:D

Same here, required but I have not installed. I have seen a member here whom put it behind the black plastic mesh in the facia......it looked ok, not great but worked. No real good answers, sorry.

patrick

Well I can't say I didn't install mine. At first I ran around without it for almost a year until I was stopped by some Ahole cop that even wrote me a citation for not having a sticker required for my window tint. That sucked because I was a cop and never jacked with anyone like that. So since I didn't have a bracket I just put the damn plate on any which way (as you can see below). Then get this.. I take the same picture below (snapped expressly for that reason) to court. The judge didn't even want to look at the picture and dismissed the case. I WAS PEEVED!!!! But oh well. I was stopped a couple weeks ago and the nice Texas State Trooper that wrote me a warning DID look to see if I had front plate on first. *WHEW*

Venom Power said:
Well I can't say I didn't install mine. At first I ran around without it for almost a year until I was stopped by some Ahole cop that even wrote me a citation for not having a sticker required for my window tint. That sucked because I was a cop and never jacked with anyone like that. So since I didn't have a bracket I just put the damn plate on any which way (as you can see below). Then get this.. I take the same picture below (snapped expressly for that reason) to court. The judge didn't even want to look at the picture and dismissed the case. I WAS PEEVED!!!! But oh well. I was stopped a couple weeks ago and the nice Texas State Trooper that wrote me a warning DID look to see if I had front plate on first. *WHEW*

wow...sounds like there are some bored cops over there..:dontknow: :2in1:

Cops have better things to do in San Diego and SoCal than to cite folks for having no front plate......

Having said that, I will admit that if you are pulled over and give the officer a hard time, I'm certain that he or she would be overjoyed to add that to your list of violations.

Attitude is everything.....

However if you live in an area specifically designated to rookie training, or if you happen to reside with the Keystone cops.....(read Goober, Gomer and Barney Fife)... then almost anything can happen.....

Bottom line is that car stops are dangerous... I wouldn't pull someone over in an urban environment simply because they had no front plate.....

SD

not in vegas we don't need to have it on the front bumber most ppl put em behind the windshield thats were i got mines with a plastic cover over it to not scratch the dash
i cop threatined me be4 foor havin it there but thats cuz he was hatin on me i guesss

Mine is attached to the passenger sun visor. I just flip it down and there ya go. Don't know if its legal but so far, works ok

I'm here in Maryland where they are required.
Between my Hemi & SRT no front plates. 2 yrs and counting.

i live in ohio also and my front plate is hanging on the wall in the garage. almost 3 years with no problems yet. dont have a front plate on wifes dakota r/t eather. she was stoped once and given a warning but i still didnt put it on.it seems like the state hiway patrol are the only ones that even look

streetwedg
04 silver r/c
00 dakota r/t
87 jeep comanche dump
94 jeep cherokee
72 charger
71 gtx
65 belvedere 4 dr now 426 wedge
65 belvedere 2 dr original 426 wedge 4 sp

Dealer jammed mine on before I could stop him

dscf0031.jpg

It's beautiful even the dealer wouldn't screw up the front of my truck! He said if you have a problem with it stop by and see me and will fix it!:D

Dealer put mine on before i picked it up also. I bought mine in Misouri and drove back to AZ......No more plate for me thanks:D
Good thing the truck is black so you cant really see the damn holes!

No plate here either.
No holes. No bracket.

I heard a good one from an anonymous source:
"I keep mine under the passenger floormat. If I get pulled over, I simply tell the officer that I have the front plate, but took it off for the recent car show."
He claims it's worked more than once.
Your mileage (and citation fee) may vary.

Pastohio said:
A lot of states require by law to have the front license plate, and the very nice styling of the trucks facea DOES NOT need a license plate to mess up the cool lines....what are different members doing to overcome this law ??? thanks, live in Ohio where it is required....
Did not put mine on though it is required here in Texas. Driving without it for 18 months. I see about 1 car in 10 without a plate in Dallas. I suspect that if I get stopped for something serious, "no front plate" will be added on.

It's on the floorboard under my seat - does that count, officer? :p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back