What have people done about front license plates where required by law ????

Silent D said:
Cops have better things to do in San Diego and SoCal than to cite folks for having no front plate......

SD

There's a bike cop in Kearny Mesa who sits out in front of our dealership and writes tickets all day for no front plates and window tint. Protect and serve, eh?

Since there is no obvious spot made for them, even though I have a bracket, I'm playing dumb if stopped and Runnin' w/o til' warned. 3700 mi, 3 states and so far so good, knock on wood.

ViperTruck2933 said:
Damn dealer already had the bracket installed on my truck before I bought it.:mad: So I just put my plate on.;)

Truck was sitting on the showroom floor when I looked at it. No bracket in place at that time. Made the deal and went home to get a few things and when I got back the bracket was on there. Since they had already commited to fixing the crappy mold lines at the fender openings, they went ahead and repaired the holes from the brackets at the same time. The owner of the dealership even mentioned that they should not install brackets on some vehicles without the owners permission.

Fours years and counting in Ohio with no front plate (2 different vehicles). Got pulled over for speeding and didn't hear a word about it. Who knows?

Silverback said:
Truck was sitting on the showroom floor when I looked at it. No bracket in place at that time. Made the deal and went home to get a few things and when I got back the bracket was on there. Since they had already commited to fixing the crappy mold lines at the fender openings, they went ahead and repaired the holes from the brackets at the same time. The owner of the dealership even mentioned that they should not install brackets on some vehicles without the owners permission.
Good point. I wish now that I had made them fix it. :(

Three of my four don't have the front plate. I have only had one incident...and that was in the Viper. He specifically pulled me over for no front plate. Needless to say I was pissed, and I let him have it. I asked him if it was a slow day since I was doing nothing wrong. He gave me a warning, and I was on my way. I have always been nice when being pulled over, except with this "State Trooper". Where the hell do you mount a plate on a collector's car...in the garage cabinet of course.

mine is required... hadn't had it on for almost 2 years now.... keep it in the front seat. got pulled over for it twice, but they sweat the truck and let me go

this is mine with the US license. I think I'll put the italian one in same position.

Attachments

• P2210050.JPG
    P2210050.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 42
MYTRAM said:
Since there is no obvious spot made for them, even though I have a bracket, I'm playing dumb if stopped and Runnin' w/o til' warned. 3700 mi, 3 states and so far so good, knock on wood.

There are 2 spots on the front where the holes are supposed to be drilled for the front plate. Kind of hard to see, but they are there.

I have mine in my center console. When I was in VA some of the base security guys would mentioned it to me. I did get pulled over by VHP for speeding. He just gave me a verbal warning for the plate and banner.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back