What is the custom leather interior scene like for our trucks?

Azmal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a personal and professional curiosity here, how many people have had some nice custom leather interior work done to their rides? It's not something I've seen much of.

I do elaborate custom leather work among other things for a living but not auto upholstery though I've always wanted to get into it. If I thought there was enough potential interest I could do my own truck as a demo.

I would only be interested in something detailed and intricate though. I do pretty unusual wild stuff, speaking objectively. And I could apply some of the crazy stuff I already do to a vehicle interior.

Case in point, these suits of armor and helmets are obviously far removed from vehicles but all the details and tooling and things that make them original can be applied in many ways to upholstery:

Medieval Batman
medieval_bat_man_armor_by_azmal-d4pydcc.jpg

Medieval Aquaman
medieval_aquaman_armor_by_azmal-d5xpm6p.jpg

Flame Dragon Armor
flame_dragon_armor_by_azmal-d6jqru0.jpg

Medieval Joker Helmet
medieval_joker_leather_helmet_by_azmal-d6urxaj.jpg

Archangel Helmet
archangel_helmet_by_azmal-d32njnb.jpg

Green Elven Knight Helmet
green_elven_knight_helmet_by_azmal-d6dznjs.jpg

Ok, too many examples, but the point is, imagine a custom upholstery project with the same kind of variety and focused theme and detail throughout.

Just a personal and professional curiosity here, how many people have had some nice custom leather interior work done to their rides? It's not something I've seen much of.

I do elaborate custom leather work among other things for a living but not auto upholstery though I've always wanted to get into it. If I thought there was enough potential interest I could do my own truck as a demo.

I would only be interested in something detailed and intricate though. I do pretty unusual wild stuff, speaking objectively. And I could apply some of the crazy stuff I already do to a vehicle interior.

Case in point, these suits of armor and helmets are obviously far removed from vehicles but all the details and tooling and things that make them original can be applied in many ways to upholstery:

Medieval Batman
medieval_bat_man_armor_by_azmal-d4pydcc.jpg

Medieval Aquaman
medieval_aquaman_armor_by_azmal-d5xpm6p.jpg

Flame Dragon Armor
flame_dragon_armor_by_azmal-d6jqru0.jpg

Medieval Joker Helmet
medieval_joker_leather_helmet_by_azmal-d6urxaj.jpg

Archangel Helmet
archangel_helmet_by_azmal-d32njnb.jpg

Green Elven Knight Helmet
green_elven_knight_helmet_by_azmal-d6dznjs.jpg

Ok, too many examples, but the point is, imagine a custom upholstery project with the same kind of variety and focused theme and detail throughout.

Does your wife let you go around dressed like this???? :chain:

Seen that a few times......in a couple neons owned by Mexicans around here.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

WOW amazing work were they costumes for movies??? Love to see what you do with a 10.

thewelshm

Do what you want homes. Just post up the picks when your done. :D most of the guys here stay with the performance side of these trucks tho.

This is one example of a modified interior, not directly what you have shown before, but maybe it brings the thread back on topic....:)

Or from member wood317

Last edited:
amazing work, how many hours did you put into those projects.

I know batram is gonna want that bat costume and his interior to match.

Id be interested if you had something looking insane but not ghetto

what kinda $$$$ involved

Wow! Although not my thing, I've seen the work and dedication it takes to craft leather and I applaud you sir that is some insane craftsmanship.

As for the interior of the 10, what did you have in mind. Realistically how far could you go without it becoming tacky or "over done". Aside from some awesome head rest stitching I can't of anything you could do without it becoming "oh wow/sarcasm"

Here's my interior:

Does your wife let you go around dressed like this???? :chain:
I wouldn't have an owner so I can do whatever I'd like : ]
The obvious answer is snake skin the leather.
Right, that could easily be done.

WOW amazing work were they costumes for movies??? Love to see what you do with a 10.
thewelshm
These are for private clients. I've done a little theatrical and commercial work but no big screen stuff yet, unless you count a commercial before the movie start lol.

No no no, put that ugly crap away, if you're going to be a slave gimp let me make you something more quality than that :rock:

This is one example of a modified interior, not directly what you have shown before, but maybe it brings the thread back on topic....:)

Or from member wood317

Yeah, stuff like that but way more involved. I'm thinking tooled leather

amazing work, how many hours did you put into those projects.

I know batram is gonna want that bat costume and his interior to match.

Id be interested if you had something looking insane but not ghetto

what kinda $$$$ involved
Thanks, lots and lots, couldn't even say really.
Of course, all of these designs I posted were tailored for a specific purpose and theme, the details I would put in a custom auto interior would be custom tailored to the client's preferences. I'm guessing SRT2SlOW wanted a gimp slave truck theme and that's cool, not my speed but you know, the client is the boss : )
Well a full suit of armor like this is anywhere from 5,000 to 10,000 and I only do the more elaborate work so it wouldn't be cheap. But you also wouldn't be able get what I could make anywhere else

Wow! Although not my thing, I've seen the work and dedication it takes to craft leather and I applaud you sir that is some insane craftsmanship.

As for the interior of the 10, what did you have in mind. Realistically how far could you go without it becoming tacky or "over done". Aside from some awesome head rest stitching I can't of anything you could do without it becoming "oh wow/sarcasm"
Oh that's easy, you just change the flavor. The things I've shown above are tailored for being pieces for showing off at renaissance festivals and conventions. In the setting they are designed for, they make the wearer essentially rock stars.

So you just change the theme and tone down the number of colors and flashiness and apply the detail geared toward more subtle effects.

Here's an example of some custom leather interior that is quite detailed and still suitable for the auto scene. By a guy named Logan Reise
logan_riese_leather_interior_by_loganriese-d6fv0ml.jpg

custom_leather_car_seats_logan_riese_designer.jpg

This guy makes leather jackets and clothing for celebs and does a little crossover work into other areas. That's what I'm trying to get into by posting this thread. Some people here want to chase me off but I know I can do some work that will shut them up ; )

like whats been said before awesome work:rock::rock::rock::rock:

that flame dragon armor & that arch angle helmet are my favs:rock::rock::rock:

man, just what ya got on your web site, you could make a bad ass fantasy/sci fi movie:rock::rock::rock:

Last edited:
Damn man. That work is epic! I want to make a suit of armor out of 14 gauge steel. I couldn't possibly make one that intricate but still!

Damn man. That work is epic! I want to make a suit of armor out of 14 gauge steel. I couldn't possibly make one that intricate but still!

make a stainless steel one out of 16 or 18 gauge. no rust probs:dontknow::rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back