What is your favorite Christmas TV special?

grace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And no.."Christmas Story" doesn't count...
Mine is on right now...Santa Claus is Coming to Town...narrated by Fred Astaire. Those specials form the 70's still put a smile on my face:marchmellow:

grace said:
And no.."Christmas Story" doesn't count...
Mine is on right now...Santa Claus is Coming to Town...narrated by Fred Astaire. Those specials form the 70's still put a smile on my face:marchmellow:
Some of the old stop motion shows narrated by Burl Ives takes me back.
Rudolph.jpg

Here's a website that talks about and where you can buy some of the old Christmas Specials. http://www.tvparty.com/xmas2.html or http://www.fanpop.com/spots/christmas/soapbox/64
Scrooged was funny too.
scrooged.jpg

Last edited:
No Fair...A Christmas story is classic. I have enjoyed watching them all again with my son now that he can appreciate them but I would have to say Frosty is my favorite

Does National Lampoon's Christmas count since you stripped A Christmas Story out from under me!!! (You shot my eye out!!) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited:
I've not been much of a fan of children's Christmas Specials....

You ruled out Jean Shepard's "A Christmas Story", so I'm guessing that any of the film productions of Dickens' "Scrooge -a Christmas Carol" are ruled out as well... My favorite of that genre is the 1951 version starring Alastair Simm...

D

Of course "Christmas Story" is a favorite classic!(love the avi Bill) I ruled it out cause almost everyone likes that one. I also love to watch "Gremlins" that reruns around this time also.

I like that one with Jimmy Stewart!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Thanks! And you know what - it really is a wonderful life :D :rock:

Roz-SRT said:
Does National Lampoon's Christmas count since you stripped A Christmas Story out from under me!!! (You shot my eye out!!) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Yes, I love National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation :rock: And Planes, Trains, and Automobiles ........:marchmellow:

Wifey said:
Yes, I love National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation :rock: And Planes, Trains, and Automobiles ........:marchmellow:

"Sir.............Pleeze, I beg you....!... Have mercy...... I've been wearing the same underwear since Tooooooozday..!" -Neil Paige

D

Django said:
"Sir.............Pleeze, I beg you....!... Have mercy...... I've been wearing the same underwear since Tooooooozday..!" -Neil Paige

D

You, too ??????????? :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :D :D ;) ;) :marchmellow:

I'm a Grinch fan myself;)

Venom Power said:
:argh: "Merry Christmas Charlie Brown!!!"

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :marchmellow:

I remember seeing A Christmas Story at the theater with my parents and brother on Christmas Eve in 1983. We all piled into the blue '78 LeSabre with blue vinyl interior (really cold on a Massachusetts winter evening) and went to the Blue Eagle Restaurant in Springfield (Dad's favorite). Then, after dinner, a quick ride over the bridge to the theater, and voila...instant Christmas memory.

anyone remember emmet otters jug-band christmas?
loved that one as a kid

and my new favorite is "Badder Santa"
my favorite line :"JESUS CHRIST KID, ARE YOU F(*&ING WITH ME?!?!?"

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back