What is your favorite Christmas TV special?

mr. anderson said:
anyone remember emmet otters jug-band christmas?
loved that one as a kid

and my new favorite is "Badder Santa"
my favorite line :"JESUS CHRIST KID, ARE YOU F(*&ING WITH ME?!?!?"

Hell yeah! I loved the Emmet otters jug-band Christmas!

I like most all of them

Peanuts/Merry Christmas Charlie Brown
A Christmas Story
It's a Wonderful Life
Miracle on 34th Street
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Carol
Santa Claus is Comin' to Town
Year Without a Santa Claus (love the miser brothers)
California Raisins Christmas Special (haven't seen it in a LONG time ,tho)
Scrooged
Beavis and Butthead Christmas Special
Lethal Weapon
Die Hard
Looney Tunes Christmas Special
The Three Bears Christmas
How the Grinch Stole Christmas

like I said,I like them ALL :D

I really do love the classic "claymation" Christmas movies, you know Rudolf, Frosty, The Young St Nick and so on. I do for some reason like "Elf" and this other movie with Billy Bob Thorton but I can't remember the name. Any ideas?

5_0_BAIT said:
I really do love the classic "claymation" Christmas movies, you know Rudolf, Frosty, The Young St Nick and so on. I do for some reason like "Elf" and this other movie with Billy Bob Thorton but I can't remember the name. Any ideas?
BadSanta.jpg

5_0_BAIT said:

Year Without a Santa Claus is on tv now ! :rock: :D

(btw are they claymation ? :dontknow: /// I don't think so)

HOT RAM said:
Year Without a Santa Claus is on tv now ! :rock: :D

(btw are they claymation ? :dontknow: /// I don't think so)
I thought they were more like Gumbies that could be bent in any numbers of positions. Like Roz.:D

This from Wiki on Stop Motion: In North America, Jules Bass produced a series of popular Christmas specials such as Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman (using 'Animagic', their trade name for their version of stop motion puppetry) (1964). The specials were animated in Japan by Japanese stop-motion pioneer Tadahito Mochinaga.

Last edited:
me like our program " who has the biggest balls".... (in the tree).. :eek: :p :D :D
or "shoot a pigeon" (out of the christmas tree)... :rock: :dontknow: :confused:

mr. anderson said:
anyone remember emmet otters jug-band christmas?
loved that one as a kid

and my new favorite is "Badder Santa"
my favorite line :"JESUS CHRIST KID, ARE YOU F(*&ING WITH ME?!?!?"

Love Emmet Otter, gotta find it now.

With respect to "Claymation": That is specific to (as mentioned) Gumby and his ilk. It is the simple act of molding characters made of colored soft clay (like PlayDough) then moving the characters across the set and manipulating them (one camera shot at a time) into action.

The method was developed by a guy from L.A. named Art Clokey.... In the 60s-70's he used to show his "Art Films" at various hip/beat venues in Southern California that featured contemporary music or wherever the artsy fartsy crowd gathered.... He was baling, wore a beret and cut of cargo faitigues in cammy and used a cigarrete holder.... A real bohemian....

Here's some more info if you'd like it....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Clokey

D

Last edited:
Watching Santa Claus is Coming to Town right now. Santa's wife was a real hottie when they were younger hehehe.

They are advertising a new Miser Brothers Christmas special. Hope it's not too cheesy.

And Bad Santa is hilarious.

I haven't seen Bad Santa yet...a lot of people say it's pretty funny. Have to get Kenny and a couple 'o beers and check that one out

I personally did not care for Bad Santa at all. But that is just my opinion.

Bill.

I maily thought it was funny thinking a Sant would act that way. It would not be one of my top 5 greatest movies by any means, but it is a funny alternative to the classics for me. OK I am confused. It's not claymation???I always thought it was. What in the hell are they made out of then?? They always seemed to look like clay. I could have sworn I saw finger prints in some of them.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back