What kind of fluid should i put back in my tranny?

STUDBOYZ said:
tremec that is! should i use the mopar as recommended or something better?

One caution...if your truck is still in warranty and you use anything other than the gooie gunk recommended by Dodge they will have a basis to void your warranty. If you are not in warranty, Tremec recommends Mobil 1 ATF, it worked great for me...but I have moved on to Royal Purple. The Mobil 1 ATF is fine...

The easy way to do this job is to drain the trans. Replace the drain plug, and remove the shifter. Pour the new fluid in from the top, have someone watch for overflow from the fill port on the drivers side of the trans.

As I recall it is about 7 quarts...but I am very old and my memory is pretty poor! By the way I also hate getting on my back under the truck...I have a hell of a time getting up, hence the top loading approach above.

Prof said:
The easy way to do this job is to drain the trans. Replace the drain plug, and remove the shifter. Pour the new fluid in from the top, have someone watch for overflow from the fill port on the drivers side of the trans.

As I recall it is about 7 quarts...but I am very old and my memory is pretty poor! By the way I also hate getting on my back under the truck...I have a hell of a time getting up, hence the top loading approach above.
Damn Roy!
You have 2 transmissions in that thing? :D

It's about 3 quarts to do the T-56.

:eek:ATF goes in a manual tranny? :dontknow: I always thought ATF meant "Automatic Transmission Fluid."

Yup, ATF for the 6 speed, so say the people who make the transmission!

TOOK ABOUT 3.5 QUARTS. WOULDNT GO IN WHERE THE SHIFTER GOES JUST PUT IT IN THE FILL WITH A LONG ASS HOSE...

I know DC Performance has chimed in regarding this questions....quick search found this...

I have been working with this transmission in the Viper since 1992 in the Viper and in the truck since 2004. I tried everything, but always ended up with two lubricants that I know are good for this transmission.

Syntorque (factory fill) 75-85.
Great for street and track, change 7500-12.500 depending on use.
(More shift effort cold, less neutral gear rattle)

Valvoline Dextron 3
Great for street or track, track use change after every 4 hours, 5000 miles for street use. (smoother shifting cold or hot, more neutral gear rattle).

ramviper10 said:
DO THE QC USE THIS SAME OIL?
the QC uses a ATF+4 sythetic auto fluid,

either mobil 1, redline, royal purple, all work jsut fine,just be sure to check and make sure its ATF+4 on the bottle;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back