What next?

I put 4.88,s on my black truck and they worked well with the DR,s i had when i was completely stock set up ,Red light to red light it was a beast, In town driving my mileage actually went up because of less shifting ,ran the 488,s for 2 years ,on the highway to PCB in 6Th gear my truck turned a tad 200 RPM more than Anthony's truck with his 410,s mileage was just a tiny bit less than his was also .
Now ,the bad ,as long as you keep it stock your OK ,if you start beefing up motor ,add nos or a cam yada yada yada ,4.88,s will do more harm than good ,When i installed my first cam in ol blackie and had oem heads ported,added a 125 shot, it hurt me big time on launching spun through first and second .

SO ,If your going to remain stock and only run red light to red light, and run 4.88,s your good to go ,If you plan to beef it or run on track a lot for more zoom zoom don't do it ,been there and done that !;)

Last edited:
Depends on your diving skill as well. I'm excited to take these 4.88's and find my sweet spot, track times soon to come...:)

Exactly!!! I know how you drive the 6 speed. Most of the naysayers could'nt drive a greasy stick up there ass with both hands. LOL

Exactly!!! I know how you drive the 6 speed. Most of the naysayers could'nt drive a greasy stick up there ass with both hands. LOL
Wait, what? Do you have a diagram or something depicting that procedure? Becuase the way I shift my truck isn't anything like what you are describing. :D

Wait, what? Do you have a diagram or something depicting that procedure? Becuase the way I shift my truck isn't anything like what you are describing. :D

With your stretched out butthole you dont need any grease .:D

What were your times before?

None with this truck yet

I put 4.88,s on my black truck and they worked well with the DR,s i had when i was completely stock set up ,Red light to red light it was a beast, In town driving my mileage actually went up because of less shifting ,ran the 488,s for 2 years ,on the highway to PCB in 6Th gear my truck turned a tad 200 RPM more than Anthony's truck with his 410,s mileage was just a tiny bit less than his was also .
Now ,the bad ,as long as you keep it stock your OK ,if you start beefing up motor ,add nos or a cam yada yada yada ,4.88,s will do more harm than good ,When i installed my first cam in ol blackie and had oem heads ported,added a 125 shot, it hurt me big time on launching spun through first and second .

SO ,If your going to remain stock and only run red light to red light, and run 4.88,s your good to go ,If you plan to beef it or run on track a lot for more zoom zoom don't do it ,been there and done that !;)

Sounds like the gears arent the problem then, sounds like id have to look at suspension and getting the truck totransfer weight better, amoung a few other things to get the truck to hook efficiently, which im gonna be working on soon anyway, just wanna add a few lil power goodies first to end the year with some nice burnouts :D

Lol thats true buddy, i could get excellent traction and launches with my 4.56's on my last truck with wore out street tires, so im sure i wont have any trouble with the 4.88's and some good rubber, next year i will be running slicks ;)

With your stretched out butthole you dont need any grease .:D
:hmpf:
Not to change the subject or anything, but are you still gonna send me your strikers?

Lol thats true buddy, i could get excellent traction and launches with my 4.56's on my last truck with wore out street tires, so im sure i wont have any trouble with the 4.88's and some good rubber, next year i will be running slicks ;)
What were your times with your last truck?

Last edited:
Someone say they wanted some 17's with dr's?? I sure have a good set up that needs to go!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back