What parts are interchangable????

Since i put a SRT-10 engine into a dodge ram 5.9 L i can tell you that EVERYTHING is different between the trucks as far as drive train and wiring goes lol

Since i put a SRT-10 engine into a dodge ram 5.9 L i can tell you that EVERYTHING is different between the trucks as far as drive train and wiring goes lol

well i guess im SOL when it comes to just putting regular dodge ram suspension parts on. does anyone on here ever switch out there original suspensions for an aftermarket type? and sell there original equiptment?

i was just told by two different junk yards that the rear axle shaft is the same from like 1994 to 2008 dodge ram 2x4 or 4x4 i may have got the years wrong but it was something like that. and they said the lower control arms are the same as the dodge durangos, i will have them pull one off and i will match it up. the upper control arm is SRT 10 only for sure both yards told me that.

i was just told by two different junk yards that the rear axle shaft is the same from like 1994 to 2008 dodge ram 2x4 or 4x4 i may have got the years wrong but it was something like that. and they said the lower control arms are the same as the dodge durangos, i will have them pull one off and i will match it up. the upper control arm is SRT 10 only for sure both yards told me that.

You are right. We totally made up all that stuff about the axle being totally different, etc. The two junk yards who are in the business of selling you the parts they have on hand are totally more right than we are. Better listen to them and buy exactly what they tell you. :thumpdown:

hahahh i am listening to you guys i just thought you would find it funny that a junk yard would sell me an axle out of a 1994 ram and tell me its the same :)

I was laughing.....

so i argued with a guy at a junk yard who tried to tell me an axle shaft out of a regular 1500 was the same as my srt10, made him look like an ass in front of all his co workers when i brought in my broken one.

I bought as axle shaft from rockauto. the wheel flange isn't as thick but it is the right size. I havn't used it yet. I was to lazy to replace my bent one and now noticed i don't need it anymore! So it sits on a shelf

I bought as axle shaft from rockauto. the wheel flange isn't as thick but it is the right size. I havn't used it yet. I was to lazy to replace my bent one and now noticed i don't need it anymore! So it sits on a shelf

i just looked on rockautos website and the only axle shaft they have listed is 31 spline which is not correct for our trucks since ours are 35 spline

Much props for that project

I have fit plenty of SRT10 parts on to a 1500, but I wouldn't try to do it the other way round...alot of junkyards are as unknowledgable as most parts store people.

Last edited:
Much props for that project

I have fit plenty of SRT10 parts on to a 1500, but I wouldn't try to do it the other way round...alot of junkyards are as unknowledgable as most parts store people.

agreed..... i have gotten a few parts from advanced auto, if it is a motor part i have to tell them it is for a 2004 viper and i got an axle seal but had to bring mine in to match up. There computer has SRT 10 listed but all the parts are for a regular 1500. i am having great luck with the dodge dealer though......lol

agreed..... i have gotten a few parts from advanced auto, if it is a motor part i have to tell them it is for a 2004 viper and i got an axle seal but had to bring mine in to match up. There computer has SRT 10 listed but all the parts are for a regular 1500. i am having great luck with the dodge dealer though......lol

That was the main reason I was so intent on getting my own copies of the factory service and parts manuals; luckily they were all over the place online lol.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back