What rear axle do we have

DevilDawg3097

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the 04 which rear axle do we have in the service manual it list a few different ones I know it is not the 9 1/4 is it the 10 1/2 aa, 11 1/2 aa or 248RBI?

SANCHOBA said:
i always refered to it as DANA HD60...HD refers to the hop dampner.
what spline do we have for the 4.10, yeah thats all I hear is dana 60 but what size and spline do we have? thanks

TheMoparConnection said:
it is refered in the service manuals as 248RBI... its a DANA Super 60
BINGO thank you that is exactally what I needed. That is the only section where they don't refer to what it goes in. Thank you again.:rock: :rock:

TheMoparConnection said:
it is refered in the service manuals as 248RBI... its a DANA Super 60

See that? SUPERRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr.... Thank ya very much..!

The bad news is, the Dana Super 60 is not as good as the regular Dana 60.

Bill.

TNVIPER said:
Why did they call it "Super"?....:dontknow:

It is unique to our trucks and has a 9 3/4" ring gear :D

Why? I don't know, but most of the guys making real big horsepower are switching to Dana 60s. Because they are stronger, and you can get more hi-performance parts for them.

Bill.

Begood said:
Why? I don't know, but most of the guys making real big horsepower are switching to Dana 60s. Because they are stronger, and you can get more hi-performance parts for them.

Bill.

Ah, f'in Bill, They are switching because our's have C clip axles and will not take a Detroit Locker carrier and our brakes are to big to put 15" rims on our trucks limiting our tire choices.....................Take that F'in Bill:p :p :D ;) :marchmellow:

Where did my Red star go:dontknow: could at least warn me it was going to disappear:argh: :argh:

Last edited:
Correct D, that means the super 60s suck.:D I wish I could put a Detroit locker in mine. Especially since I have one sitting in my garage looking for a truck to put it in.

Bill.

so where can we buy gears and posi's for our stock rears?

mine spins both tires like its lockered and turns like its locked so why would i need one?

and when i go to buy gears do i ask for gears to fit a dana super 60 or a 248rpi? or a srt-10 dodge and just let the dealer sort it out?

Streetgliderx said:
mine spins both tires like its lockered and turns like its locked so why would i need one?

and when i go to buy gears do i ask for gears to fit a dana super 60 or a 248rpi? or a srt-10 dodge and just let the dealer sort it out?

bo there is only one place I have found that offers gears for our trucks I could be wrong but that is what I have found, that is unitrax, I struck a deal with them and can sell them now, actually I am a tad lower than they are.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back